Should We Claim the hand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

whiskers

It seems that like the foot, the hand is another ignored and under treated entity on the body. It appears that the medical profession has largely abandoned it for fancier medical things.

This has left countless disabled people with these huge nails and deformities that are not being addressed as well as they could be.

Sure there are ortho hand guys but are they trimming the nails and such? If so I am not seeing much of it. Certainly they should be if they are not.

On a diabetic and people with PVD in the upper extremeties, podiatrists should be providing both upper extremity and lower extremity care at the same time and getting paid for it in every state.

BTW, I'd rather have the hand in my scope of practice than the vision 2015 thing.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't there a state which includes the hand in the scope of practice for pods? Forgive me if I'm wrong here, I heard this once from a fellow pod student this year. Word of mouth obviously is NOT the best source.

Although being able to work on the hand would potentially increase patient base and business, do we really need to increase our scope? We already have so much when you really think about it!! :) I know the hand is not much different than the foot and wouldn't be a huge stretch in scope, although I think I'd be happy with LE only please and thank you :D

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems that like the foot, the hand is another ignored and under treated entity on the body. It appears that the medical profession has largely abandoned it for fancier medical things.

This has left countless disabled people with these huge nails and deformities that are not being addressed as well as they could be.

Sure there are ortho hand guys but are they trimming the nails and such? If so I am not seeing much of it. Certainly they should be if they are not.

On a diabetic and people with PVD in the upper extremeties, podiatrists should be providing both upper extremity and lower extremity care at the same time and getting paid for it in every state.

BTW, I'd rather have the hand in my scope of practice than the vision 2015 thing.

Any thoughts?

I agree completely. I would rather have the hand than vision 2015 as well. Leave medicine to internists!

There is a theory that the foot is just a dumb hand. I tend to think that they are just different. They share many similarities but they are not the same and the way deformity and ailments are treated btwn the hand and foot are different.

The other issue is that malpractice for hand sx is much higher than foot surgery due to workman's comp issues and disability payments.

Just some things to think about before you start asking for it...

The hand "ain't gonna happen". Although it sounds great because the hand surgeons probably are not performing "palliative" care on the hand, I'm sure that if DPM's are granted privileges to start cutting fingernails and similar palliative procedures, eventually those DPM's will want to move on to bigger and better things.

And there is NO WAY the fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons and/or plastic surgeons that are already fighting for the hand are going to allow the DPM's to "move in".

Although the foot is a tough area to work on due to it's weightbearing status, the hand obviously has significant intricacies due to it's fine motor control and use.

Once again, I don't think any orthopedic or plastic hand surgeon would have a problem with anyone else cutting a patients fingernails, but beyond that there will be a definite turf war.

Additionally, a well trained podiatric surgeon should have enough to keep himself/herself busy with the foot and ankle. Now if a patient walks on his/her hands..........that may be a different story!!

This has got to be the most pathetic thread I have ever read on a discussion board populated by doctors of anything (well, maybe there were some more ridiculous ones on Chiropractor boards).

You are seriously wondering if you need to work on the nails of people's hands??? Is it that bad out there? Maybe you should work on determining how the foot functions. It seems to me in my PT practice the majority (>90%) of the patients that I see that come from DPMs have rigid orthotics with inappropriate posting, inappropriate and uncomfortably high and usually rigid medial longitudinal arches that spend more time in there closets than in their shoes.

Perhaps I see the failures but wow, you better figure out your niche before you try to take on another one.

Whoa "truthseeker". Maybe you should first learn to take a course in reading comprehension and improve your English (time in "there" closets should be "their" closets).

If you read the post very carefully, there is only ONE person that asked a question about "nail care" and the hands. And the person that started that thread, "Whiskers" has never actually defined whether or not he/she is a student, resident, fellow or DPM, despite being asked several times.

I actually disputed the point, and stated that IF orthopedic surgeons and/or plastic surgeons allowed DPM's to work on the hand, they would only probably allow us to work on the fingernails. I didn't state that's something we should obtain to achieve.

I stated that although it "sounds great" it's not going to happen. My reference was to the fact that these people think that if DPM's are allowed to cut nails, it will eventually open the door to start performing surgery, etc. And I stated it "ain't gonna happen".

I also stated that we already have enough to do. Read carefully. And I'm the ONLY attending that responded to that thread.

I love people like you that start criticizing other professions about all the "failures" you see. You remind me of the delusional doctors that have a patient come into their offices that have seen another doctor, and they start bad-mouthing that doctor.

However, that doctor FORGETS that the doctor down the street is also seeing HIS patients complaining about HIS care. It's a two way street "truthseeker".

You have NO IDEA how many patients I treat on a regular basis that have been treated by a physical therapist with horrible results. I have PT's in my area who I can send 5 patients to, all with different diagnoses, and each patient will receive the EXACT same "canned" treatment plan.

Those same PT's will then give some garbage advice and recommend some footwear that is absolutely WRONG for the patient's foot type and will exacerbate the problem.

So prior to you trashing an entire profession, ACT like a professional and realize that there are good and bad in ALL professions, mine, yours and all professions. Maybe you have some DPM's that simply don't understand biomechanics and orthoses.

And just what is YOUR expertise with orthoses and your background? Do you have special training in biomechanics, gait analysis, orthoses, etc? Are you a CPed or orthotist? If you do have an "expertise", have you ever called any of these docs to express your concerns rather than criticize? That's what a PROFESSIONAL would do.

Once again, no one other than ONE poster brought up the point of treating the hand, and that one poster has never even confirmed his/her status as a student, resident, fellow or DPM. So be careful slinging your insults.

Your generalizations are out of line, and if you have any expertise in biomechanics or orthoses and truly feel that the DPM's in your area are missing the mark, and you are treating their patients, it's your responsibility to speak with them and addresss those issues.

When I have a concern regarding the care of a PT, I pick up the phone and call, I don't complain on a website and trash a profession.

Whoa "truthseeker". Maybe you should first learn to take a course in reading comprehension and improve your English (time in "there" closets should be "their" closets).

If you read the post very carefully, there is only ONE person that asked a question about "nail care" and the hands. And the person that started that thread, "Whiskers" has never actually defined whether or not he/she is a student, resident, fellow or DPM, despite being asked several times.

I actually disputed the point, and stated that IF orthopedic surgeons and/or plastic surgeons allowed DPM's to work on the hand, they would only probably allow us to work on the fingernails. I didn't state that's something we should obtain to achieve.

I stated that although it "sounds great" it's not going to happen. My reference was to the fact that these people think that if DPM's are allowed to cut nails, it will eventually open the door to start performing surgery, etc. And I stated it "ain't gonna happen".

I also stated that we already have enough to do. Read carefully. And I'm the ONLY attending that responded to that thread.

I love people like you that start criticizing other professions about all the "failures" you see. You remind me of the delusional doctors that have a patient come into their offices that have seen another doctor, and they start bad-mouthing that doctor.

However, that doctor FORGETS that the doctor down the street is also seeing HIS patients complaining about HIS care. It's a two way street "truthseeker".

You have NO IDEA how many patients I treat on a regular basis that have been treated by a physical therapist with horrible results. I have PT's in my area who I can send 5 patients to, all with different diagnoses, and each patient will receive the EXACT same "canned" treatment plan.

Those same PT's will then give some garbage advice and recommend some footwear that is absolutely WRONG for the patient's foot type and will exacerbate the problem.

So prior to you trashing an entire profession, ACT like a professional and realize that there are good and bad in ALL professions, mine, yours and all professions. Maybe you have some DPM's that simply don't understand biomechanics and orthoses.

And just what is YOUR expertise with orthoses and your background? Do you have special training in biomechanics, gait analysis, orthoses, etc? Are you a CPed or orthotist? If you do have an "expertise", have you ever called any of these docs to express your concerns rather than criticize? That's what a PROFESSIONAL would do.

Once again, no one other than ONE poster brought up the point of treating the hand, and that one poster has never even confirmed his/her status as a student, resident, fellow or DPM. So be careful slinging your insults.

Your generalizations are out of line, and if you have any expertise in biomechanics or orthoses and truly feel that the DPM's in your area are missing the mark, and you are treating their patients, it's your responsibility to speak with them and addresss those issues.

When I have a concern regarding the care of a PT, I pick up the phone and call, I don't complain on a website and trash a profession.

You are right. However, I have tried to address my concerns with the local (rural) podiatrists and they really don't want to hear it because they are the "experts". I do have additional training in foot biomechanics assessment and treatment but no I am not an orthotist.

I am sorry about overgeneralizing. I read the one post and thought it was pathetic, I guess I should have replied to that particular post rather than just replying to the thread in general.

About the typo, well, I was about to respond to that as a nitpicky thing to respond to but the rest of your post was very reasonable.

How does one approach a podiatrist and characterize properly the assertion that they don't appear to know how the foot works anyway? I think the same about many (most) chiropractors in the area (they prescribe "footlevelors" (forgive the spelling) and those do not allow any type of modification if they are not correct.

My take on the foot: The foot is a dynamic structure. It needs to move. The one cannot supinate effectively if one does not pronate effectively and through an appropriate range of motion. Some people have the neuromuscular control to pronate a long way and control it and reverse into a supinated foot that is rigid for propulsion (see Usain Bolt, a relatively fast flat footed man). Rigid orthotics do not allow for adequate pronation and therefore do not allow normal biomechanics to occur. Those orthoses that have medial longitudinal arches that approximate the unloaded foot's MLA do not allow pronation and therefore cause more harm than good by slamming into the medial structures of the foot, they go in the closet and the patient is stuck with a $300 door stopper. I have seen these types of orthoses come out of DPM, DC, PT, and orthopedist's offices.

You are right. However, I have tried to address my concerns with the local (rural) podiatrists and they really don't want to hear it because they are the "experts". I do have additional training in foot biomechanics assessment and treatment but no I am not an orthotist.

I am sorry about overgeneralizing. I read the one post and thought it was pathetic, I guess I should have replied to that particular post rather than just replying to the thread in general.

About the typo, well, I was about to respond to that as a nitpicky thing to respond to but the rest of your post was very reasonable.

How does one approach a podiatrist and characterize properly the assertion that they don't appear to know how the foot works anyway? I think the same about many (most) chiropractors in the area (they prescribe "footlevelors" (forgive the spelling) and those do not allow any type of modification if they are not correct.

My take on the foot: The foot is a dynamic structure. It needs to move. The one cannot supinate effectively if one does not pronate effectively and through an appropriate range of motion. Some people have the neuromuscular control to pronate a long way and control it and reverse into a supinated foot that is rigid for propulsion (see Usain Bolt, a relatively fast flat footed man). Rigid orthotics do not allow for adequate pronation and therefore do not allow normal biomechanics to occur. Those orthoses that have medial longitudinal arches that approximate the unloaded foot's MLA do not allow pronation and therefore cause more harm than good by slamming into the medial structures of the foot, they go in the closet and the patient is stuck with a $300 door stopper. I have seen these types of orthoses come out of DPM, DC, PT, and orthopedist's offices.

Since there is no good literature to support the use of orthotics in general and certainly not any good literature to suppirt one type of arch support over another I will take all of this as your oppinion. THere are many oppinions on which type of orthotic is better and which is better utilized in each situation.

truthseeker,

Sorry, but I see no real validity to most of your post. The rigidity of a custom orthoses really has nothing to do with whether or not pronatory forces are restricted, which makes me question whether YOU really understand orthoses and how they function.

When I prescribe orthoses, the amount of motion that is allowed is part of the prescription, and that is not dependent on the material or the rigidity. That may simply determine the flexibility which I choose based on the patient's activity level, weight and the intended use of the orthoses.

However, the actual motion or restriction of motion of the orthoses is not based on the rigidity, but is based on the intrinsic and/or extrinsic posting of the orthoses which is what controls/limits pronation. This can also be adjusted if there is too much motion control or if pronatory forces are being restricted too much or a patient can not tolerate the prescription as written.

Orthoses that support the MLA don't have the foot "slam" into the device. The foot isn't landing on the device, it is SEATED in the device. With the proper intrinsic and/or extrinsic forefoot and rearfoot posting, the range of motion of the orthoses will allow for a determined amount of motion which can be adjusted and the intended purpose is to create a foot that functions more normally through the gait cycle.

Maybe now YOU will understand how a custom orthoses functions, and the fact that it's not the rigidity of the device that is the problem.

I think that your assertation that the local DPM's don't know how the foot works is quite a pompous assumption, especially given the fact that with the statements you've made, you don't seem to understand how an orthoses works.

About the only things you've stated that I do agree with is that the foot is a dynamic structure and that foot levelers are useless.

Now, quit while you're ahead and stick to the PT board. I promise, I won't post there and tell the PT's that I'm an expert in physical therapy and that a whole bunch of them just don't understand physical therapy.

intere$ting the thing$ you $ay and think.

truthseeker,

Sorry, but I see no real validity to most of your post. The rigidity of a custom orthoses really has nothing to do with whether or not pronatory forces are restricted, which makes me question whether YOU really understand orthoses and how they function.

When I prescribe orthoses, the amount of motion that is allowed is part of the prescription, and that is not dependent on the material or the rigidity. That may simply determine the flexibility which I choose based on the patient's activity level, weight and the intended use of the orthoses.

However, the actual motion or restriction of motion of the orthoses is not based on the rigidity, but is based on the intrinsic and/or extrinsic posting of the orthoses which is what controls/limits pronation. This can also be adjusted if there is too much motion control or if pronatory forces are being restricted too much or a patient can not tolerate the prescription as written.

Orthoses that support the MLA don't have the foot "slam" into the device. The foot isn't landing on the device, it is SEATED in the device. With the proper intrinsic and/or extrinsic forefoot and rearfoot posting, the range of motion of the orthoses will allow for a determined amount of motion which can be adjusted and the intended purpose is to create a foot that functions more normally through the gait cycle.

Maybe now YOU will understand how a custom orthoses functions, and the fact that it's not the rigidity of the device that is the problem.

I think that your assertation that the local DPM's don't know how the foot works is quite a pompous assumption, especially given the fact that with the statements you've made, you don't seem to understand how an orthoses works.

About the only things you've stated that I do agree with is that the foot is a dynamic structure and that foot levelers are useless.

Now, quit while you're ahead and stick to the PT board. I promise, I won't post there and tell the PT's that I'm an expert in physical therapy and that a whole bunch of them just don't understand physical therapy.

Its the comfort of the device that I am talking about. A rigid device certainly controls motion, but when the foot pronates, the MLA strikes the device and causes the PF to bend over it. That hurts. I most certainly do understand orthotics. you can post on the PT board all you want. I am sure that you understand orthotics but there are too many that don't.

how about focusing first on getting the ankle in all 50 states, and an overall uniform scope of practice for the profession.

i considered podiatry and think its pretty cool, but the scope of practice in NY, unfortunately, sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
truthseeker,

I can guarantee you that I have seen and treated more cases of plantar fasciitis this year than you probably have in your entire career. And on top of that, I've been in practice over 20 years and have significant experience treating this condition and prescribing custom orthoses.

I have published articles in well respected peer reviewed international medical journals regarding plantar fasciitis and disagree strongly with your statement(s) about "rigid" orthoses.

I personally have had bouts of plantar fasciitis and wear "rigid" orthoses. My son is a competitive soccer player who plays Division I college soccer, who also has had some past issues with plantar fasciitis and he will ONLY wear "rigid" orthoses.

Once again, it is NOT the rigidity of the orthoses that causes pain, it is the way the orthoses fits and the amount of control/motion that is built inot the orthoses. The plantar fascia should rest on the orthoses, not "slam" into it when the foot pronates. The fascia should be supported by the orthoses, whether it is rigid, semi-rigid or flexible, it should not be "slammed" into the orthoses.

The type of orthoses is based on the patient's needs, weight, activity level, etc. I have a LOT of my patients in "rigid" orthoses and I guarantee my patients that if they are not happy I will refund the money. Naturally, I always attempt one or two adjustments, but ultimately if the patient is not happy, I will refund 100% of the patient's money.

Naturally, I do not make a patient who is 85 years of age with severe arthritis a rigid orthoses, and similarly I will not make a 285 pound active construction worker a flexible orthoses.

As I stated, I OFTEN use rigid orthoses with significant success, including the pair in my own shoes and in my son's running shoes and soccer cleats.

And in the past 20+ years I've refunded money to 3 patients, and I'm in one of the largest practices in the country.

So don't blame the rigidity of the orthoses for the problem. There is something else wrong, such as the actual fit or the prescription/amount of motion control, or it's simply the wrong orthoses for THAT particular patient.

Just as with any medical treatment, there is no "one size fits all" solution, but I can assure you that many patients are satisfied with a properly made and executed "rigid" orthoses.

This has got to be the most pathetic thread I have ever read on a discussion board populated by doctors of anything (well, maybe there were some more ridiculous ones on Chiropractor boards).

You are seriously wondering if you need to work on the nails of people's hands??? Is it that bad out there? Maybe you should work on determining how the foot functions...
I debrided the fingernails on an inpatient consult today (it's in our scope in Mich). He was a diabetic guy with poor hygene and questionable mental ability (hydrocephalus) that had a few leg ulcers as well as significant thigh, abdomen, and scalp cellulitis due to constant scratching. He had been in the hospital for a few days before we got the consult. ID had given intravenous Abx, he was getting fluids and sugar control from IM, and Derm had written a few orders including nsg to cut the nails (they hadn't yet). Strangely enough, there was no PT consult on this guy, which is funny since they apparently know so much based on what I read above. Anyhow, I ordered ABIs for leg wound healing potential and applied dressings to the leg ulcers. I also cut the fingernails since they were elongated and mycotic with who knows what kind of subungual debris under them, and I politely asked the nsg asst to wash and scrub his hands with Chlorhexadine scrub brush and nail pick since that was clearly his main compounding factor in my judgement.

Don't make dumb blanket statements about other specialists, esp when you need those same individuals to write you a simple iontophoresis Rx from the pharmacy (since you're not a physician, FYI). Check you damn ego at the door, use common sense, and give the pt services which they need and you are trained and qualified for. JMO

Feli,

Excellent post.

The hand is in the SOP in Michigan? That is really smart of that state.

There are tons of people out there fixing ankle fractures. Orthopods and pods alike. There is no one who is scrambling around wondering who is going to fix their ankle fracture because there is a shortage of individuals.

However there are lots of people who have no one to turn to to take care of their hand nails and they simply can't due to eye sight, arthritis or mental/physical debility.

We should as a profession be taking care of the soft tissue of the hands as well as the foot in all states.

I don't give a crap about status. This is about patient care and good medicine.

We could provide a valuable service and get paid for it.

Plus it would give podiatry another opportunity to have another club with more big shots and maybe there could be about 3 boards for it and the profession could only allow like 30% of the cream of the crop to pass their oral boards for finger nails and allowed to do it. lol.

And it would also make a ton of PTs jealous and bitter.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whiskers,

I've asked before, but never received an answer. Are you a pre-pod student, student, 1st year resident, 2nd year resident, 3rd year resident, fellow, attending......? I'm curious so I can understand your perspective.

Obviously letting me/us know your present status in no way interferes with your anonymity, it just allows me to have a greater understanding of where you're "coming from".

In actuality, I've never found anything Whisker's has written to be remotely comedic or entertaining. Sarcastic and cynical..yes. Amusing,funny or entertaining???-----no.

I have always aimed to please!

Podiatry is like a very small fish pond to me. I am very well respected and am very well liked.

I can't help that!

Swim swam swum I just wanted to cut the nails on the hand and thumb... and it scared a lot of people.

You are very well respected?? That's a very odd statement, and a statement that should be coming from those that respect you, not from yourself. You also state that you are very well "liked".

I'm glad that's your perception, because you haven't convinced me.

I can tell you from someone that has been around the profession for over 20 years, and has dealt with students, residents, attendings, colleagues, nurses, staff, administrators, etc., I have dealt with a significant amount of personalities over those years. I believe I've met a pretty diverse spectrum of personalities over that time, and judging by your posts, you've done absolutely nothing to gain or earn my respect.

Your posts are filled with sarcasm, cynicism and inaccurate information and are often disrespectful to the original poster. To say that you are a "wise-guy" would be an understatement when reviewing many of your posts, including your latest post.

If you are a professional or training to be a professional, it never hurts to start acting like a professional.

In several posts I've asked one simple question (that other's have also asked) and you can't even address that one simple question. Why is it so difficult to simply answer if you are a student, resident, fellow, attending or none of the above?

You are very well respected?? That's a very odd statement, and a statement that should be coming from those that respect you, not from yourself. You also state that you are very well "liked".

I'm glad that's your perception, because you haven't convinced me.

I can tell you from someone that has been around the profession for over 20 years, and has dealt with students, residents, attendings, colleagues, nurses, staff, administrators, etc., I have dealt with a significant amount of personalities over those years. I believe I've met a pretty diverse spectrum of personalities over that time, and judging by your posts, you've done absolutely nothing to gain or earn my respect.

Your posts are filled with sarcasm, cynicism and inaccurate information and are often disrespectful to the original poster. To say that you are a "wise-guy" would be an understatement when reviewing many of your posts, including your latest post.

If you are a professional or training to be a professional, it never hurts to start acting like a professional.

In several posts I've asked one simple question (that other's have also asked) and you can't even address that one simple question. Why is it so difficult to simply answer if you are a student, resident, fellow, attending or none of the above?

I have just been voted the most professional person on the block and I called the newspaper to print it to brag myself up./ lol.

As far as me and podiatry, well

Podiatry is just a job to me, not my entire life, blood and identity. If it were, I think I would be pretty sad lonely and I would personally feel unaccomplished.

I'd rather hang out with cool accomplished people than controlling self promoting ones any day of the week.

If it will ease your mind and satisfy your cravings, just consider me a pre podiatry nobody. LMAO.

In your typical style, you have no compacity to respond in a professional, mature style, but only as a wise-a--. But that's probably indicative of your overall attitude.

It's pretty sad that you see podiatry as only a "job" and not as a career. Because that will certainly be reflected in your patient care....I guarantee that fact. I've heard that comment many times over the years and I've seen the results.

Podiatry is certainly NOT my entire life, nor would I ever recommend that for anyone. I have a family that always takes the number one position. I'm involved with a lot of personal competitive sports, volunteer with a lot of community activities and spend a lot of time with friends. When my kids were growing up, I never missed ONE of their sporting events, and my kids were all competitive athletes.

However, I did choose a "career" that at times demanded extra hours and as a result I'm rewarded well financially and it allows my family to have a few extra perks.

You can still have strong career and feel accomplished in your "career" and outside activities. I feel relatively accomplished with my professional career, and I'm also pretty satisfied with what I've accomplished OUTSIDE of my career vounteering years with other organizations, coaching sports, etc.

Your "inference" about " controlling, self promoting people was not overlooked. However, it's pretty difficult to be considered controlling or self promoting when you're anonymous on a website and have nothing to "self promote".

I come on this website in an attempt to offer some insight and answer questions based on my experience, and than I read your responses which are filled with sarcasm and cynicism. Sometimes posters are coming on here looking for real advice and are at a cross-road in his/her life, and the last thing he/she needs is a clown. There's a time and place for a wise-guy, and when I read your responses I can't figure out your motivation or your need to insult those that are really seeking help.

And I'll edit your advice and just consider you a wise-a-- "nobody".

I started reading and posting on this site because one of the posts was forwarded to me. The post was loaded with inaccurate statements. When I started to visit regularly I noticed that many posts had similar problems. Some posters appeared to have hidden agendas (like slamming ABPS or ACFAS) and others had inflated egos. There are some who appear legit and offer sound honest advice. Others not the case. With anonymous posting for all we know a poster could be someone not even in the profession or a competitor trying bring us down.

My advice to those in need, at a crossroads, or someone considering this profession is to read the posts but take them with a grain of salt. Do your homework and trust your own judgement after doing it.

Podfather,
Perfectly stated.

I started reading and posting on this site because one of the posts was forwarded to me. The post was loaded with inaccurate statements. When I started to visit regularly I noticed that many posts had similar problems. Some posters appeared to have hidden agendas (like slamming ABPS or ACFAS) and others had inflated egos. There are some who appear legit and offer sound honest advice. Others not the case. With anonymous posting for all we know a poster could be someone not even in the profession or a competitor trying bring us down.

My advice to those in need, at a crossroads, or someone considering this profession is to read the posts but take them with a grain of salt. Do your homework and trust your own judgement after doing it.

Can you share with me the name of the poster who was filled with inaccurate posts?

I bet I already know who... But for the sake of my newly minted award in professionalism, which is hunging next to my newly minted best injection giver award, I won't say.

LOL.

Well, after spending about 2 minutes reading the pod forums...
it's easy to differentiate between the posters who make accurate, insightful posts (and as such serve as a helpful resource) and those who most people probably wish would just stop posting.

Well, after spending about 2 minutes reading the pod forums...
it's easy to differentiate between the posters who make accurate, insightful posts (and as such serve as a helpful resource) and those who most people probably wish would just stop posting.

But aren't you usually clueless anyway? So why would today be any different?

haha i wouldnt be shocked if you come to find out sooner or later that you have some kind of personality issue..

you state above in this thread how you would love to claim the hand or what not and that it would be great because it would make PTs "bitter and jealous". you then, in the same thread, go on to say how you are so well respected and well liked. i really doubt that.

your posts in general tend to be either useless or antagonistic. I wont respond to anything else you write because its just a waste of time.

for those pre-pods who are actually looking to gain insight into the profession, i would suggest listening to the guys like "PADPM" , who actually know what they are talking about....