Should we have an official PCAT thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should we have an official PCAT thread?

• Total voters

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should we make an official thread for all PCAT related questions/comments to be posted in or merged into?

The point was raised that the same PCAT questions are asked over and over.

Why or why wouldn't you support this idea?

Members don't see this ad.

im new here, so i dont know how well my opinions will go, but i think instead of creating a single thread for all pcat questions, why not create a subforum with several threads specific for each type of question? i.e. have a thread for people asking about how to study for the pcat, a brag and moan about their score and possibly a third about how competive their scores are or soemthing along those lines?

i dont know how difficult it would be to make a subforum with these things, but theyre just thoughts. thanx for running this forum though, whoever made it. ive found it quite helpful

I had been thinking about writing in a suggesting this, since so many have questions about the PCAT. As well as the dental and med forums have sections devoted just to the MCAT and DAT. I think it is a good idea. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The PCAT forum idea has been brought up before and shot down. I don't think that at the time there was enough demand for it. Perhaps Lee could re-evaluate the idea.

I think we should have a PCAT subforum because the same questions get asked over and over because people dont see it on the first page. The PCAT may not be as hard as the MCAT or the DAT, but its still important, and people still worry about it so there should be a place to discuss it.

at this point in time there are 7 pcat threads on the front page...

i don't really care either way... are there enough threads to support a PCAT forum?

i think that is really the goal of the poll to see how many are interested in different ideas.

Another question to ask, is whether Bananaface wants the added chore of moving all the questions posted in the general area into the PCAT area? Because we all know, that people will still cross post.

But as for the poll, I support the separate area. I think it makes it easier for the questioner's as well as for the one's providing the answers.

LBS615 said:
I had been thinking about writing in a suggesting this, since so many have questions about the PCAT. As well as the dental and med forums have sections devoted just to the MCAT and DAT. I think it is a good idea. :)

PCAT is given 3 times a year like MCAT, but people prepare for the MCAT every day and need to discuss it. DAT is given every day (a computerized test). Because of the in-depth materials of DAT and MCAT, everyone is willing to help others. PCAT is a straightforward test, so people won't mention it again after they have done the test. So, if we had a separate forum for PCAT, the people that have done the test wouldn't have visited it. Right now, it isn't necessary to have it. The "search" command is useful here. We could use the "search" to collect all threads related to PCAT if needed. They are ranked in order of the date.

I like the sticky threads- good works, Bananaface!

Yes, an official PCAT thread would definitely be helpful. Along the same lines, having a separate official "My GPA is this, do I have a chance of getting in" would also be helpful. This could be started by just merging the current threads together. That way, for those newcomers or ppl who suddenly find their GPAs to be a bit on the low side can have one place ot refer to and compare their situations to others and feel better (or worse) about their low GPA. Granted that not all situations are the same, they can then respond to that thread about how their situation is slightly diff and get feedback.

What do you think? I just think it's kind of too repetitive that you see all these "my GPA is this, do i have a chance of getting in" and like another poster said, it can wane some ppl's interest (yes, just don't read it and move on if you are not interested, true...but it'd also be more beneficial to the low-GPA-SDN poster who now has one thread to turn to to search for similar situations as opposed to a million.

My and my friends want PCAT Thread because PCAT basically has changed every year and we need some update information of the previous PCAT takers...Help the followers PrePharm out!!