Should you post all MCAT scores if you get a worse score later

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin0424

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took 3 MCAT exams, and turns out that my first trial is the best. How sad is that. In terms of AACOMAS score reporting system, do I HAVE TO report the later scores? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Lying to medical schools is not a good look first of all. Second, yes you have to report them all.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes. AACOMAS will ultimately receive score reports for all of your attempts. You will not be able to hide your latest scores.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think compounding an already bad decision (taking the MCAT not once, but 2 additional times when not ready) with an even worse one is a terrible idea. Learning from mistakes and integrity are 2 really important aspects of medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
I took 3 MCAT exams, and turns out that my first trial is the best. How sad is that. In terms of AACOMAS score reporting system, do I HAVE TO report the later scores? Thank you.
You have to report all of them, no way around it. By how much did they decrease if you don't mind sharing?

It's not a GRE test you pick and choose. You can't hide MCAT score.
Don't take MCAT till you are 100% ready.

What were your scores?

Well, even if you wanted to hide them, there's no way to do so because the reporting system reports all your scores. You don't have a say in that. Unless you had reported your MCATs prior to scheduling and taking it a 3rd time, and in this case it would be called lying on your application if you don't report your 3rd MCAT score. And I still think schools would find out one way or another.

Last edited: