Shouldn't A+ be 4.3??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cystapharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
why arn't A+ calculated as 4.3??? I have gotten a few and my GPA for those quarters would have been 4.0 and the trend would have loooked sooo much better.
I'm upset because I studied so hard for those courses and that cost me a few points in my other classes but my hard work did not reflect on the GPA.

I figured if I only studied less for that class and more for the ohter I would get A in that class along with A in the ohter class = 4.0 GPA instead of A+ and A- = 3.85.

:(:(

Members don't see this ad.

In some places an A+ is a 4.3, but in other places an A+ is still just an 4.0 , so it all depends on how your school does it.

why arn't A+ calculated as 4.3??? I have gotten a few and my GPA for those quarters would have been 4.0 and the trend would have loooked sooo much better.
I'm upset because I studied so hard for those courses and that cost me a few points in my other classes but my hard work did not reflect on the GPA.

I figured if I only studied less for that class and more for the ohter I would get A in that class along with A in the ohter class = 4.0 GPA instead of A+ and A- = 3.85.

:(:(

A+ is 4.3 at certain schools (including top-notch Universities).
It really should be a 4.3, but I guess because other schools may not give A+'s they may not consider it standardized enough. (Despite the fact that certain schools only give A+ to the brightest lights in the lecture halls)

Members don't see this ad :)
In some places an A+ is a 4.3, but in other places an A+ is still just an 4.0 , so it all depends on how your school does it.

what matters most is not the universities itself but Pharmcas and they don't even consider it. :(

A lot of schools you apply to recalculate your GPA according to their scale anyway. Just relax and do the best you can and focus on more than a number! :D

It would be nice, yes, but usually no

A lot of schools you apply to recalculate your GPA according to their scale anyway. Just relax and do the best you can and focus on more than a number! :D

:thumbup: Exactly. Your GPA is going to be recalculated anyways to account for universities using different scales, so that 4.3 wouldn't even count. Though I do understand being able to brag about a 4.0 semester :laugh: