Shouldn't A+ be 4.3??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cystapharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why arn't A+ calculated as 4.3??? I have gotten a few and my GPA for those quarters would have been 4.0 and the trend would have loooked sooo much better.
I'm upset because I studied so hard for those courses and that cost me a few points in my other classes but my hard work did not reflect on the GPA.

I figured if I only studied less for that class and more for the ohter I would get A in that class along with A in the ohter class = 4.0 GPA instead of A+ and A- = 3.85.

🙁🙁
 
In some places an A+ is a 4.3, but in other places an A+ is still just an 4.0 , so it all depends on how your school does it.
 
why arn't A+ calculated as 4.3??? I have gotten a few and my GPA for those quarters would have been 4.0 and the trend would have loooked sooo much better.
I'm upset because I studied so hard for those courses and that cost me a few points in my other classes but my hard work did not reflect on the GPA.

I figured if I only studied less for that class and more for the ohter I would get A in that class along with A in the ohter class = 4.0 GPA instead of A+ and A- = 3.85.

🙁🙁

A+ is 4.3 at certain schools (including top-notch Universities).
It really should be a 4.3, but I guess because other schools may not give A+'s they may not consider it standardized enough. (Despite the fact that certain schools only give A+ to the brightest lights in the lecture halls)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In some places an A+ is a 4.3, but in other places an A+ is still just an 4.0 , so it all depends on how your school does it.


what matters most is not the universities itself but Pharmcas and they don't even consider it. 🙁
 
A lot of schools you apply to recalculate your GPA according to their scale anyway. Just relax and do the best you can and focus on more than a number! 😀
 
A lot of schools you apply to recalculate your GPA according to their scale anyway. Just relax and do the best you can and focus on more than a number! 😀

👍 Exactly. Your GPA is going to be recalculated anyways to account for universities using different scales, so that 4.3 wouldn't even count. Though I do understand being able to brag about a 4.0 semester :laugh: