Shout out to the ED pharmacists

Started by deleted480308
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted480308

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had an awesome experience with our ED pharmacist the other day, came to find one of my EM research journals in the mailbox with a paper about the postitive perceptions from staff about ED pharmacists.

Figured I would just tell you all that you rock. Good ED pharmacists really ll do make life better
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We didn't have a pharmacist in the ED of my last job and I always wished that we did. It would make things easier on us ICU guys for sure.
 
ICU is so much easier when there's ED support on admit. On my slow days at a previous hospital (which seems like many moons ago), I'd scoot down to the ED and become a quasi-ED pharmacist on some complex new admits, just to reduce the workload and interventions I'd inevitably have to do the following morning.

But on balance, I prefer the ambiance of the ICU....mostly beeps and ventilators, chatter in hushed tones, etc over the controlled chaos that is my ED. So high five to my ED brethren, y'all are the ****.