Show and tell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DadofDr2B

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a father of a MS1 I was at a family day at med school and had a flashback to the PTA days. There my little girl was showing me the ashtray she made along with a drawing that barely resembled anything.

At family day at med school, my little girl wanted to show me the jugular vein she had uncovered without disturbing the nerves wrapped around the vein. What a surreal experience for a Dad trying to understand the process my girl was going through. One day, PTA/show and tell in elementary school, the next day human anatomy.

I am proud, but completely out of my element with her environment. Where this all leads is exciting to watch as an observer. It must be satisfying to be the student. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

DadofDr2B said:
As a father of a MS1 I was at a family day at med school and had a flashback to the PTA days. There my little girl was showing me the ashtray she made along with a drawing that barely resembled anything.

At family day at med school, my little girl wanted to show me the jugular vein she had uncovered without disturbing the nerves wrapped around the vein. What a surreal experience for a Dad trying to understand the process my girl was going through. One day, PTA/show and tell in elementary school, the next day human anatomy.

I am proud, but completely out of my element with her environment. Where this all leads is exciting to watch as an observer. It must be satisfying to be the student. Good luck to all.

You were allowed to look at her cadaver?

..I spent close to an hour and a half carefully exposing and cleaning the cervical plexus today with all its communicating branches. My back cracked as I finally stopped stooping. But the prof was impressed :-D

That's amazing that they let you in there... unless ru a doctor? I know up here in maine the only way for my family to get into the lab would be if they were in the "medical field". (RN/MD/DO/PA/etc...) strick privacy laws I guess...