Sick in the middle of secondary season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeddd78893

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was verified and received most of my secondaries around July 31, but I only submitted about 6 before getting diagnosed with COVID on August 4th. I'm just starting to feel better now, but I have passed the 2 week mark for most of my secondaries. How bad did I mess up? Should I include this in the additional comments section of applications or just leave it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was verified and received most of my secondaries around July 31, but I only submitted about 6 before getting diagnosed with COVID on August 4th. I'm just starting to feel better now, but I have passed the 2 week mark for most of my secondaries. How bad did I mess up? Should I include this in the additional comments section of applications or just leave it?
I might mention it if it had a huge effect on me and kept me stuck to the bed/unable to work for an extended amount of time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There is no magic to the two-week mark. Schools are not counting the days from when they send you the secondary to when you submit it. As long as you do not wait for an undue amount of time (much longer than two weeks), you will be fine.

Last edited:
I would mention it but briefly. A couple of sentences
Why? To explain why he's turning around secondaries in three weeks instead of two? Is this really significant enough to highlight?

Med schools are not like jealous prom dates, waiting with a stop watch to see how fast you ask them out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Med schools are not like jealous prom dates, waiting with a stop watch to see how fast you ask them out.

I have a few schools that stated they wanted secondaries in that 2 week frame. Should I even bother filling these out?

For those wondering - Wayne state and Oakland

Several secondaries ask about covid impacts. Simply say a sentence or two such as

“after submitting AMCAS and when i began to start on secondary applications, I was diagnoised with COVID-19. Fortunately it was a mild to moderate case and recovered after approximately two weeks”.

just mentioned it thats all

Thank you! I'll definitely add this.