zeddd78893

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2018
I was verified and received most of my secondaries around July 31, but I only submitted about 6 before getting diagnosed with COVID on August 4th. I'm just starting to feel better now, but I have passed the 2 week mark for most of my secondaries. How bad did I mess up? Should I include this in the additional comments section of applications or just leave it?

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 6, 2020
Toronto Area, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was verified and received most of my secondaries around July 31, but I only submitted about 6 before getting diagnosed with COVID on August 4th. I'm just starting to feel better now, but I have passed the 2 week mark for most of my secondaries. How bad did I mess up? Should I include this in the additional comments section of applications or just leave it?
I might mention it if it had a huge effect on me and kept me stuck to the bed/unable to work for an extended amount of time.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Rachapkis

2+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
There is no magic to the two-week mark. Schools are not counting the days from when they send you the secondary to when you submit it. As long as you do not wait for an undue amount of time (much longer than two weeks), you will be fine.

Last edited:

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Several secondaries ask about covid impacts. Simply say a sentence or two such as

“after submitting AMCAS and when i began to start on secondary applications, I was diagnoised with COVID-19. Fortunately it was a mild to moderate case and recovered after approximately two weeks”.

just mentioned it thats all

Reactions: 5 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Med schools are not like jealous prom dates, waiting with a stop watch to see how fast you ask them out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zeddd78893

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2018
Med schools are not like jealous prom dates, waiting with a stop watch to see how fast you ask them out.

I have a few schools that stated they wanted secondaries in that 2 week frame. Should I even bother filling these out?

For those wondering - Wayne state and Oakland

zeddd78893

2+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2018
Several secondaries ask about covid impacts. Simply say a sentence or two such as

“after submitting AMCAS and when i began to start on secondary applications, I was diagnoised with COVID-19. Fortunately it was a mild to moderate case and recovered after approximately two weeks”.

just mentioned it thats all

Thank you! I'll definitely add this.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Don't bother
I would actually disagree and suggest that OP should submit them. Many schools note timeframes and deadlines on secondary more for trying to control the workflow of secondaries by keeping students sending them in quickly instead of waiting for last minute. Meeting the deadline isnt typically used as decision point on the application itself

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads