sigma sigma phi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to the sigma sigma phi organization, the honors fraternity, this year and didnt even get an interview to be inducted. Anyway, how important is it and does it help when applying for residency? IF it is really that worth it, i can reapply in the fall, but I just wanted to see if it is really that worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to the sigma sigma phi organization, the honors fraternity, this year and didnt even get an interview to be inducted. Anyway, how important is it and does it help when applying for residency? IF it is really that worth it, i can reapply in the fall, but I just wanted to see if it is really that worth it.

Well, on the ERAS application there is a box where you check SSP membership or not. It certainly is nice as a distinguishing characteristic.

Do you have to have it? No, you don't have to have anything except grades, board scores, LORs and a dean's letter (MSPE).
But generally with applications, the more good things you can include, the better.