Sign on bonus, AKA Forgivable Loan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For someone who’s on the East coast and not 1099.

Can someone explain what’s the benefit of being a partner when you’re out West. Specifically with another job recently posted on this forum.

Do you get better blended rate? Better call rotation? Better schedule? Access of billing company? Do they pay differently as a partner and no longer a 1099?

Thanks.
For the most part "Voting rights"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks

So like if I find a business opportunity that I can bring it up to vote?

But will it impact my income significantly, or usually no?
You basically get a seat at the table of any group issues.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You basically get a seat at the table of any group issues.
Young grads take note. If you don't have a seat at the table, you are on the menu. I would say this is more true in anesthesia than in any other specialty because with a single pen stroke or change in hospital by-laws, loosening of supervision ratios could result and you could find yourself jobless. As a mere employee, your employer WILL eliminate you if your role becomes superfluous.

Young grads take note. If you don't have a seat at the table, you are on the menu. I would say this is more true in anesthesia than in any other specialty because with a single pen stroke or change in hospital by-laws, loosening of supervision ratios could result and you could find yourself jobless. As a mere employee, your employer WILL eliminate you if your role becomes superfluous.
I mean, that’s a risk being a “new guy” in almost any job in any field. I’d honestly be more concerned about “partner from day 1” jobs

For someone who’s on the East coast and not 1099.

Can someone explain what’s the benefit of being a partner when you’re out West. Specifically with another job recently posted on this forum.

Do you get better blended rate? Better call rotation? Better schedule? Access of billing company? Do they pay differently as a partner and no longer a 1099?

Thanks.

As mentioned voting rights is the main thing. For example, if there's a question about splitting up call reimbursement weekday vs weekend or how to deal with people who want to stop taking call. May have a buyin during the partnership track.

As mentioned voting rights is the main thing. For example, if there's a question about splitting up call reimbursement weekday vs weekend or how to deal with people who want to stop taking call. May have a buyin during the partnership track.

Monetary or sweat ? What’s considered a “reasonable” buy in would people think?