Sign on bonuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gatewayhoward

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently working for this ambulance company that gives medics a $7000 sign on bonus under the contract that you work there for three years. Well I was a ***** and signed that contract and now I'm about to move to another state with only a year at this company. I'm hearing mixed things about my situation, some people say the company will come after you to get the money back if you leave early and other people say they won't. Then I hear that the contract goes against some labor law. Has anyone ever been in this situation, or can tell me if I can get away with leaving?
 
I'm currently working for this ambulance company that gives medics a $7000 sign on bonus under the contract that you work there for three years. Well I was a ***** and signed that contract and now I'm about to move to another state with only a year at this company. I'm hearing mixed things about my situation, some people say the company will come after you to get the money back if you leave early and other people say they won't. Then I hear that the contract goes against some labor law. Has anyone ever been in this situation, or can tell me if I can get away with leaving?

Repay the bonus...problem solved.
 
you will probably have to pay back 2/3 of the money if you leave after a year.....or they will give you a really crappy review to potential future employers.....