Significant Figures on Naplex?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Is it true that significant figures will be on the naplex?

2. And if yes, then is it also true that we have to manually enter our answer into the textbox?

Seems kind of scary to fail the naplex because the computer only understands 14.50 rather than 14.5.

How important are significant figures in real life anyway? Should I really tell the nurse that the drip rate is 18.1 mLs when it could be misinterpreted to be 181 mLs? Sig figs are for science not for medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the NAPLEX yesterday. I had to manually enter my numerical answer into a textbox for many calculation questions. I also had many calculation questions that were multiple choice. All of the questions I had to manually enter specified the number of decimals I should include. It would state something like: please round your answer to the nearest WHOLE number, or to ONE decimal place, or to TWO decimal places, etc. They made it very clear.

I took the NAPLEX yesterday. I had to manually enter my numerical answer into a textbox for many calculation questions. I also had many calculation questions that were multiple choice. All of the questions I had to manually enter specified the number of decimals I should include. It would state something like: please round your answer to the nearest WHOLE number, or to ONE decimal place, or to TWO decimal places, etc. They made it very clear.
thank you for the info...its really helpful...I didn't even know that they have you enter the numbers manually. are the answers choices given to you and you have to pick one and enter it into the textbox? or absolutely no choice is given to you and your just enter whatever you come up with?? meaning you can't really guess?

Last edited:
Absolutely no choice is given to you. You have to do the calculation and enter your answer in the box. And as NDGirl said, it is pretty specific about how many decimals to enter.

I just ran through the calculations for all of those questions twice to make sure I didn't make any rounding errors during the process.