Significant Other

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am not currently seeing anyone, but I was asked an interesting question. What if I start dating someone before school? Will they go with me? What about them having a job?

Since I didn't really have an answer, I was just curious what everyone else here was planning. Those that are married will obviously take their spouse, so there really isn't a question for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I was originally planning to meet a new significant other in pharm school; however, the new Obama rules effectively force a pharmacist to marry a ***** in order to avoid being heavily taxed. So we'll see. :D

I mentioned my boyfriend during my Michigan interview, and my interviewer asked me what he does. I told her that he is in his 2nd year of law school, and she asked me if I would be ok with going to Michigan while he finishes his schooling in Buffalo..
What was I supposed to say, "no, I probably shouldn't go here" ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Good question. I was originally planning to meet a new significant other in pharm school; however, the new Obama rules effectively force a pharmacist to marry a ***** in order to avoid being heavily taxed. So we'll see. :D

HAHAHA! First time I have laughed all day. Great answer though.

So I am not currently seeing anyone, but I was asked an interesting question. What if I start dating someone before school? Will they go with me? What about them having a job?

Since I didn't really have an answer, I was just curious what everyone else here was planning. Those that are married will obviously take their spouse, so there really isn't a question for them.

while it may not be the best idea, my boyfriend and i have decided to cross that bridge when we get to it...

Haha, that was my original plan too: finding a new significant other in pharm school. :laugh:

Lol i love the comments...My decision is relatively easy on that subject my boy friend is currently in physical therapy school so he wont be tagging along...:(

Haha, that was my original plan too: finding a new significant other in pharm school. :laugh:

Maybe I'll meet someone that's a professional while at school rather than another student. That would be nice. ;)

Lol i love the comments...My decision is relatively easy on that subject my boy friend is currently in physical therapy school so he wont be tagging along...:(

Sorry to hear that. I'll be sure not to meet anyone between now and school. How sad.

Here's my opinion,

I don't think it's a good idea to find a significant other right before pharmacy school or during pharmacy school. Long distance relationship don't work for many people and relocating someone takes way too much work when you have tons of studying to do for P1 and P2 years.

The only good time to get serious with a significant other is after graduation or during your rotations. If things work out, you guys can live together and what not. But if things don't work out, you can choose different rotations and never have to see each other after graduation.

My worse fear is to break up with a classmate, and have to endure seeing one another for 8 hours on a daily basis. yikes...

If your school has a business, dental, medical, or PA program, look for a significant other there. Sometimes, things work out better when you guys are in a different program.

I don't have a girlfriend. That is it!!!

No worries, when you chase that paper (pharmD degree), it also comes with girls who will want to date you and marry you (hopefully not just for the money).

:D

My fiance is ready and willing to go anywhere I need to, I however, am only applying to schools within driving distance since i know he loves his jobs. A relationship is about compromise. =)

No worries, when you chase that paper (pharmD degree), it also comes with girls who will want to date you and marry you (hopefully not just for the money).

:D

Dude that's the thing. I dont want to get my Pharm degree then meet someone. Unless I tell her I am a janitor or something. LOL. If a girl is still into me then, she's the one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'll meet someone that's a professional while at school rather than another student. That would be nice. ;)

Haha, yea. At least I know I'm not the only person without a significant other. :D

So I am not currently seeing anyone, but I was asked an interesting question. What if I start dating someone before school?

282 posts in just 6 months? I don't see a gf in your future. :laugh:

Haha, yea. At least I know I'm not the only person without a significant other. :D

Lol. I was. She was upset that I didn't "add her in" when I was deciding to go to pharmacy school. More to the story, but yeah, that was it for me.

Dude that's the thing. I dont want to get my Pharm degree then meet someone. Unless I tell her I am a janitor or something. LOL. If a girl is still into me then, she's the one.

I like the way you think, I'm on the same boat. :p

Hey hey hey. Watch it buddy. I was seeing someone. As for the posts, I work from home on a computer. So it's an easy way to kill time. My gf used to come over all the time, we're basically on the end of that path though....

Don't tell her you are a janitor. Do you seriously want to scare girls away.. it would definitely be comedy to watch you say this to a gir.....lol...I dare you...haha

Anyhow, tell her you are a junior high school teacher. I know plenty of Dentists and Doctors who like to tell people they are teachers while on vacation.

Teachers don't make much and is relatively a respectable job or it used to be when teachers were allowed to beat kids...lol

Probably by the time I get my PharmD degree, I'll be too old then. :laugh: Like Transformer mentioned earlier, finding one right before pharmacy school is kind of tough in terms of long-distance relationship throughout the four years. What happen if we find one in pharmacy school and decide to be together, the issue of moving will also be tough in terms that the two of us are from two different states.

Oh hellz no...what a low blow...sorry but I thought the comment was hilarious.

A good comeback for that should be...

Yes I average 282 posts monthly and have found two significant others on SDN.

:)

Probably by the time I get my PharmD degree, I'll be too old then. :laugh: Like Transformer mentioned earlier, finding one right before pharmacy school is kind of tough in terms of long-distance relationship throughout the four years. What happen if we find one in pharmacy school and decide to be together, the issue of moving will also be tough in terms that the two of us are from two different states.

I don't know how this thread became a love connection advise thing but it is what it is.

Ok, Cinnamoroll12,

This is what you do. When you get to Pharmacy school, look for all the single pharmacy students with no rings on their fingers. Ask them where they're from and if one is from California or even southern California, then you'll know this guy is more likely to submit and move to Cali with you.

Relatively, a lot of people wanna move to Cali so you got that to your advantage.:)

Oh hellz no...what a low blow...sorry but I thought the comment was hilarious.

A good comeback for that should be...

Yes I average 282 posts monthly and have found two significant others on SDN.

:)

It doesn't offend me at all. Like I said, I only post on this thing while I am working. I work from home, my gf used to come over in the evening when I worked. Got it?

As for my 282 posts in 6 months, I posted less monthly than cinnamoroll12 has, and there are people that have posted even more! This IBU person sounds like a troll... They are just a member, not even a senior member. Almost all of their posts are worthless and not any help to anyone. Not to be a jerk, but maybe they should participate more?

It doesn't offend me at all. Like I said, I only post on this thing while I am working. I work from home, my gf used to come over in the evening when I worked. Got it?

As for my 282 posts in 6 months, I posted less monthly than cinnamoroll12 has, and there are people that have posted even more! This IBU person sounds like a troll... They are just a member, not even a senior member. Almost all of their posts are worthless and not any help to anyone. Not to be a jerk, but maybe they should participate more?

The reasons why I post a lot on here are:
1) I am online a lot to stalk my email account for possible good news from the schools
2) I also take online classes, so in between I usually go on to SDN
3) I have received lots of useful advices and info from you guys here :)

I don't know how this thread became a love connection advise thing but it is what it is.

Ok, Cinnamoroll12,

This is what you do. When you get to Pharmacy school, look for all the single pharmacy students with no rings on their fingers. Ask them where they're from and if one is from California or even southern California, then you'll know this guy is more likely to submit and move to Cali with you.

Relatively, a lot of people wanna move to Cali so you got that to your advantage.:)

Thanks for your advice Transformer. :laugh: While I was at my Midwestern CCP interview last month, I noticed that half of the people present that day were from SoCal. At least the four of us there were from the OC! I was like...sweet!

1) I am online a lot to stalk my email account for possible good news from the schools

Lol. Sorry my friend, I did not mean to burn you!

I also take an online class. I work from home. I check my email 24/7 for interview/acceptance information. I also get lots of good advice on here. The best thing about this site is the funny threads though. Plus, I dont really know many people that want a pharmacy degree, so it's nice talking to people with similar goals as mine.

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a lot. These forums are soooo helpful throughout this strenuous process.

Lol. Sorry my friend, I did not mean to burn you!

I also take an online class. I work from home. I check my email 24/7 for interview/acceptance information. I also get lots of good advice on here. The best thing about this site is the funny threads though. Plus, I dont really know many people that want a pharmacy degree, so it's nice talking to people with similar goals as mine.

Oh no, you're fine! :) I just can't help going on here and checking my email so often! It's also great that I have had opportunities to meet several SDN members on here at the interviews!

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a lot. These forums are soooo helpful throughout this strenuous process.
Im on the boat with you guys. I like to stalk these forums i can't help it.

Yeah I agree. IBU can shove it. I have posted more than most but so what? It takes personality to get into pharm school...weren't you rejected from the nation's newest pharmacy school (Northstate) last year? ZING. Perhaps you should participate more as there is plenty you can learn from this website to improve your chances.

This IBM guys posts are so helpful:

Pharmacy school. There is a lot of memorization. Not for the week minded.

I'm glad there are members such as he to post useful information to aid me in my goal to become a pharmacist. Ace!

With that being said, I do stalk this forum. When I know there is an important thread I am waiting on info, I check the internet on my phone. Works great.

Im on the boat with you guys. I like to stalk these forums i can't help it.

Yeah I agree. IBU can shove it. I have posted more than most but so what? It takes personality to get into pharm school...weren't you rejected from the nation's newest pharmacy school (Northstate) last year? ZING. Perhaps you should participate more as there is plenty you can learn from this website to improve your chances.

I've been meaning to ask you two..did you do those drawings yourselves??

weren't you rejected from the nation's newest pharmacy school (Northstate) last year?

Not a day go by that I don't get down on my knees and thank God for accepting me to another pharmacy school.

Here's an advise for you. We don't like dishonest people:

So at the immature age of 18 I got two C's in General Chem when beginning college at a UC. Since then I have maintained a 3.9 for my final two years, graduated with a BS, and was all geared-up to re-take those two at a CC in order to make myself more competitive

After my entire first Year I had a 2.8 gpa. I opted to stay a 5th year. My last three years were a 3.98 (damn A-'s)

Is is two or three years? Someone who had virtually perfect grades need to make up for two Cs? Damn. Someone needs to be respected on an online board. You need to BS online to get girls? That's low....

I work from home, my gf used to come over in the evening when I worked. Got it?

What a minute! Aren't you like 35 yr old? You want to date a young pharmacy student? Molest girls at your own age. That is gross and kinda pathetic.

What a minute! Aren't you like 35 yr old? You want to date a young pharmacy student? Molest girls at your own age. That is gross and kinda pathetic.

LOL. I really dont remember saying I was 35, that would be funny if I did because I am 24. Graduated high school in 2003. You are a funny little person! :laugh:

LOL. I really dont remember saying I was 35, that would be funny if I did because I am 24. Graduated high school in 2003. You are a funny little person! :laugh:

You and your lying friend should get together. Here's your xanga page:

http://www.xanga.com/HurleyStud

Birthday: 9/6/1974

Watch him edit his SDN profile and deny the whole thing! :laugh:

This IBU person sounds like a troll... They are just a member, not even a senior member. Almost all of their posts are worthless and not any help to anyone.

Agreed. :cool:

You and your lying friend should get together. Here's your xanga page:

http://www.xanga.com/HurleyStud

Birthday: 9/6/1974

Watch him edit his SDN profile and deny the whole thing! :laugh:

That's not me... My AIM screen name is IhurleystudI. Not hurleystud. They are very different. Look through my old posts, i live in arizona. You are a douche. Stop trying so hard.

Haha, i have to edit this post to say you cant even add. we're in 2008, so that would make that person 34, not 35. Idiot.

Last edited:
That's not me... My AIM screen name is IhurleystudI. Not hurleystud.

What happened to your xange page? Nice editing. Seriously, you are a STUD and you "work at home" and don't have a girlfriend? That's not a stud. That's a dud.

That's not me... My AIM screen name is IhurleystudI. Not hurleystud. They are very different. Look through my old posts, i live in arizona. You are a douche. Stop trying so hard.

Haha, i have to edit this post to say you cant even add. we're in 2008, so that would make that person 34, not 35. Idiot.

haha

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice editing your profile. Seriously, you are a STUD and you "work at home" and don't have a girlfriend? That's not a stud. That's a dud.

I have had that screen name since i was like a freshman in high school. You are acting like a child. I dont really even understand what you are saying.... I have a job so i'm a dud??? Huh? I said I did have a girlfriend but it's not so great now cause she is upset I am moving for school. What's so hard to understand about that?

Not a day go by that I don't get down on my knees and thank God for accepting me to another pharmacy school.

Here's an advise for you. We don't like dishonest people:

Is is two or three years? Someone who had virtually perfect grades need to make up for two Cs? Damn. Someone needs to be respected on an online board. You need to BS online to get girls? That's low....

I took 5 years at a UC, my last three years were a 3.98 gpa, and yes, I was scared that my two C's (which were in general chemistry bc I screwed around my freshman year) were going to keep me from an acceptance--I was wrong, thankfully. And when you say "we" don't like dishonest people, who are you referring to? Sounds like you are pretty much on your own on this board, tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-troll. Stay down on your knees.

Next thing you are tell us you that met Miss California at your interview but you had to turn her down because she was not pretty enough for you.

Next thing you are tell us you that met Miss California at your interview but you had to turn her down because she was not pretty enough for you.

:laugh: So Northstate turned you down, you should totally go into comedy! You are too funny bro.

Yes, Northstate did not accept me. I am honest at least.

Getting the thread back on topic....

I'm married so the wife will be coming with me. In order to compromise, we sat down and discussed places that each of us would refuse to live. Thus, she crossed off almost all schools in areas that snow and I crossed off schools that weren't in or near a major city. From there, it was simply my choice as to where I applied. Luckily she's a dental assistant, so she'll be able to find a job no matter what city we move to. :D

Top 10 reasons why I prefer another grad student who makes 60K+ (nurse/PA/MD/lawyer/etc) or another pharmacist and why I'm not currently in relationship.

1.) paying off loans (easier when two people together make enough money to support two people while paying off loans under 10 years).
2.) not having to ask for a pre-nup.
3.) they probably not going after money since they already make money of near equal amount.
4.) if it is another pharmacist, you can switch off hours and will probably not require a baby sitter. Probably need to work in a different pharmacy so vacation time can be the same.
5.) both jobs are high demand, so just decide where both want to live.
6.) both most likely made plans for extra schooling, so didn't put themselves in the awkward position of a 3-4 year long distance relationship. Most long distance relationship will not last unless married.
7.) i make my own decision about which school I wish to attend.
8.) Age/maturity level/etc closer.
9.) Dating while in school is fun.
10.) I have a thing for those in white coats. I think it is the mystery. (this won't apply to lawyers)

Last edited: