Signing up for mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ascg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone what do i select before signing up for the test ? It asks a series of questions , such as if i want to share my scores with my advisors and a bunch of other questions....what should i select?

MCAT Recruiting Service*

I hereby authorize the AAMC to release my name, address, age, sex, state of residence, undergraduate major, email address and MCAT scores to those U.S. and Canadian schools of medicine, osteopathy, podiatry, and veterinary medicine, and scholarship programs of the U.S. Government that request the MCAT Recruiting Service. The AAMC will release my information only to MD, DO, DPM, and DVM programs and their related joint degree programs so long as they are accredited by nationally recognized accrediting bodies, e.g., LCME. They may send you information about their programs.

Yes No

If yes, please make sure you provided all of the information on your Personal Info and Background tabs.
Release to Undergraduate Health Professions Advisor*

I hereby authorize the AAMC to release a record of my test scores, as derived from the administration of this edition of the MCAT, to the health professions advisor and the health professions advisory committee of the undergraduate institution that will provide my letters of evaluation to schools of medicine and/or where I will complete the courses required for application to medical school.

Yes No

If yes, indicate which college:* (College Lookup)
Your browser does not support frames or is currently configured not to display frames. You may open the College Lookup in a pop-up window.​

The Medical Minority Applicant Registry*

The Medical Minority Applicant Registry (Med-MAR) is an AAMC Service designed to identify students applying to medical school who are economically disadvantaged or are from racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented in medicine. The applicant's name, address, age, state of residence, undergraduate college, undergraduate major, group identification, email address and MCAT scores are circulated to all U.S. medical schools and certain health-related agencies attempting to increase opportunities for minorities in medicine.

You are eligible if (a) you are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident Visa holder, and (b) you are a member of an ethnic group currently underrepresented in medicine- Black American, American Indian, Alaskan Native, and Native Hawaiian, Mexican American, Mainland Puerto Rican or you are economically disadvantaged.

Would you like to be included in the Med-MAR service?

Yes No
AAMC Services and Products*

I hereby authorize the AAMC to use my contact information to send me information about additional AAMC services and products. If you select No, the AAMC will continue to send correspondence about your exam registration.

Yes No
Eligible Examinee*

Yes No I am taking the MCAT exam in order to apply soley to a health professions school.

Yes No I am currently enrolled in a health professions school.

General Consent*

Before you register, please read the information found in the MCAT Essentials (PDF) registration document and the MCAT Terms of Use (PDF) carefully. Applicants are responsible for all information contained in the MCAT Essentials and the MCAT Terms of Use. As described in the MCAT Essentials, the MCAT program collects biometric and other identity data in order to identify applicants, to help prevent fraud, and to protect the integrity of the MCAT exam and the medical school admissions and matriculation process. The biometric and other identity data collected include digital fingerprints, a test day photo, a digitization of your government-issued ID, and handwritten signature(s) and may be used for the following purposes: identification during the testing process, including future MCAT administrations; investigation and other responsive actions regarding MCAT-related or admissions-related fraud and other misconduct, or as required by law; and identification during the medical school admissions and matriculation process to U.S. medical schools. For more information about the use of your data in the medical school admissions and matriculation process, please read these FAQs. Please recognize that moving forward with MCAT registration indicates your consent for this biometric and other identity data collection and use.
I agree to the terms and conditions as stated in the MCAT Essentials (PDF) registration document and the MCAT Terms of Use (PDF).

Agree Disagree

Additional Consent for Future Use*

Biometric and other identity data may also be used to expedite verification of your identity as you move through your medical training, credentialing and employment. Please review the information about the Biometric Identity Verification Service regarding future use for not-yet-developed systems for identity verification for medical credentialing and employment purposes. Any consent for future use obtained below for applicants testing in Canada will be deemed void.
I consent to the use of my biometric and other identity data for identity verification for future medical exams, medical credentialing, and employment at medical schools or teaching hospitals associated with AAMC, should those systems be developed.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.