General Admissions & OTCAS Silent rejection after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjcool

Reaction score
Hello all, I had an interview early December for the OTD interview at NAU. They told us after that we would be contacted about a decision by Jan 4th and I still haven't heard back from them. I emailed admissions and was given a very vague "we are currently reviewing the results and will will get back with you as soon as we can". What do you think is going on? Are they actually running behind or is there some other reason for waiting to contact me? I know that several people I interviewed with were either waitlisted already or accepted. Has anyone had something similar happen to them after an interview?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

That’s so strange. Maybe they’re holding onto your application and are waiting to put you onto the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
In my experience so far, NAU has been a bit disorganized. I was in the same interview and was accepted. However, a week after mailing my deposit and receiving a USPS receipt saying it was delivered to their office, admissions contacted me saying they had not received my deposit and would give me until the middle of the following week to get it to them. I sent them my stamped USPS receipt saying it was delivered by the deadline, and they informed me that unless their receiving end can locate it they will be withdrawing my admissions offer and moving on to accept another student. I'm not sure if this is a universal problem or just a one-time thing, but it seems like things are a bit hectic on their end right now. I wouldn't worry about a silent rejection just yet.

Last edited:
In my experience so far, NAU has been a bit disorganized. I was in the same interview and was accepted. However, a week after mailing my deposit and receiving a USPS receipt saying it was delivered to their office, admissions contacted me saying they had not received my deposit and would give me until the middle of the following week to get it to them. I sent them my stamped USPS receipt saying it was delivered by the deadline, and they informed me that unless their receiving end can locate it they will be withdrawing my admissions offer and moving on to accept another student. I'm not sure if this is a universal problem or just a one-time thing, but it seems like things are a bit hectic on their end right now. I wouldn't worry about a silent rejection just yet.
Thanks, I thought this was certainly strange as I've never heard of a school that doesn't at least get back to everyone in a timely fashion around acertain time frame following an interview.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile