Silly interview email question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringBean

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a stupid question and that I'm probably just REALLY anal but... what should a reply email to schedule an interview look like? Can it be super short & sweet, like...

Dear XYZ,

Thank you for the invitation to interview at your program. I would like to schedule my interview for (date). If you require any further information please let me know.

I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,
Bean

Or is that TOO short? Should I say anything else (again, I know I'm being anal). Anyone have any other sample emails that they sent out to schedule an interview?

I'd so much rather just call!

Thanks
~Bean

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is shorter than that:

Dear XYZ,

Could I please schedule an interview for (date)? Let me know is this is OK. Thank you.

Intoxicatedtiger

I believe less is more. Residency coordinators go through so many e-mails, I think they'd actually be more unhappy with long e-mails.

StringBean said:
Dear XYZ,

Thank you for the invitation to interview at your program. I would like to schedule my interview for (date). If you require any further information please let me know.

I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,
Bean

Bean,
I'd go with that. Short, polite, to the point. I don't think a program coordinator wants to read paragraph upon paragraph of how excited you are or details of your life. You can probably share all that when you actually show up on interview day.

But in all seriousness, I think that looks good.
Good luck.