Similar admissions test to practice QR & Physics

diirooz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend study books for that are similar to OATs? I know the LSAT for example has a QR section so I was going to get those practice tests to study my QR (it takes me like an hour longer than the given time...any advice?)& was wondering what other ones someone would recommend (DAT, PCAT?). Because I purchased different versions (years) of the kaplan OAT & they are THE EXACT SAME THING which is RIDICULOUS because then what's the point of publishing a new one? Anyhow, I was very agitated at that. I have gotten the Kaplan, the science review & the oat achiever but would like more practice. Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I've just borrowed Barron's MCAT bk from the library and it seems to have some very good practice problems and explanations. I haven't looked through the whole book so I can't comment on all the practice problems. You can browse through the DAT forum and look for the link that somebody has put up to download subject tests from Kaplan course. It was a long time ago, so don't know if it still works.

hey diirooz,
Cracking the AP Physics exan B and C by Princeton Review is really good. Just found that out, and the physics practice questions are good too. I understand the physics materials better than I was reading Kaplan. Check it out if you still have the time.

I have a hint for the quantitative reasoning section. Finding more practice questions is a great strategy, it definitely helps to get as much practice as possible doing the types of problems that they will ask.
That said, no matter how much you practice, you may never get the the point where you're fast enough to actually do all of the questions in the allotted time period. It may be a good idea to also study the type of questions that are typically on there, and decide which ones you can do quickly and accurately. Then, when you get the test, quickly scan through it and answer all the quick/easy questions first. If you are going to end up having unfinished questions at the end, or questions you just end up guessing on, they might as well be difficult ones or ones that would have taken a long time.
I'm sure someone has posted on this somewhere already, so sorry if i'm being redundant.
Good luck!