Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

simple question about secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mistress S, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mistress S

Mistress S Don't mess with the S
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am trying to get my timeline worked out for applications (either this year or next, haven't decided which yet). My question is, if I apply mid-June, when should I expect to start receiving secondaries? Also, when should I try to have them completed by (in order to be "early")? My impression is that you receive secondaries around July/August and should try to have them in by September, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. I would like to fit in some long-term travel abroad (2-3 months) and am not sure when I could do this in a way that wouldn't interfere too much with secondaries/interviewing. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you should start getting most of them in july and august. but some schools are just naturally slow so you will get them later...

i completed my amcas mid June and i got my first one i think early july.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

yea, some may come in september. august is more likely for most schools than july. well thats from my experience.

you'll want to send the secondaries back asap...that may mean 3 days or 1 week if youre very fast. but generally you are given a deadline...like 3 weeks or 30 days or even months. just do them asap!