Simplest Delivery route to the brain????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pceutech

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Im a pharmacist , currently pursuing Doctorate in Drug delivery systems. My topic of interest being Non Invasive Drug Delivery across Blood Brain Barrier.

Could anyone suggest me plausible non invasive routes to deliver the drug to the brain...

Besides this, provide some insights in the utility of the Transdermal patch (TDP) for brain disorders and the apt skin site for TDP to facilitate rapid drug absorption, minimal metabolism and localized delivery to the brain in shortest period.

Please do reply...:)

Nerdoscience

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Huh? This isn't a pharmacy basic science forum. However, I did have a patient that had a neuropathy, and treated it by rubbing a salve containing baclofen, amitriptyline, and some other medication he couldn't remember, on his feet.

neurologist

En garde
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Im a pharmacist , currently pursuing Doctorate in Drug delivery systems. My topic of interest being Non Invasive Drug Delivery across Blood Brain Barrier.

Could anyone suggest me plausible non invasive routes to deliver the drug to the brain...

Besides this, provide some insights in the utility of the Transdermal patch (TDP) for brain disorders and the apt skin site for TDP to facilitate rapid drug absorption, minimal metabolism and localized delivery to the brain in shortest period.

Please do reply...:)

For someone "pursuing a doctorate," your approach to research is pretty lame. Ever heard of Medline? Try it some time; it's usually much higher yield than asking a bunch of premeds to do your work for you.

llogg

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
tough crowd.

Bill59

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Huh? This isn't a pharmacy basic science forum. However, I did have a patient that had a neuropathy, and treated it by rubbing a salve containing baclofen, amitriptyline, and some other medication he couldn't remember, on his feet.

Are you sure this was a salve and not a balm?

Nerdoscience

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
He called it a salve. Last I checked, they're the same thing -- thick oil-based topicals. Anyway, he said it worked. Go figure.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Impregnate the medication into lead and deliver with gun.

Ohh... You said NON-invasive.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some people say violence is never the answer. I say that it just depends on how you phrase the question.