• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Pceutech

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

Im a pharmacist , currently pursuing Doctorate in Drug delivery systems. My topic of interest being Non Invasive Drug Delivery across Blood Brain Barrier.

Could anyone suggest me plausible non invasive routes to deliver the drug to the brain...

Besides this, provide some insights in the utility of the Transdermal patch (TDP) for brain disorders and the apt skin site for TDP to facilitate rapid drug absorption, minimal metabolism and localized delivery to the brain in shortest period.

Please do reply...:)

Nerdoscience

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Huh? This isn't a pharmacy basic science forum. However, I did have a patient that had a neuropathy, and treated it by rubbing a salve containing baclofen, amitriptyline, and some other medication he couldn't remember, on his feet.

neurologist

En garde
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

Im a pharmacist , currently pursuing Doctorate in Drug delivery systems. My topic of interest being Non Invasive Drug Delivery across Blood Brain Barrier.

Could anyone suggest me plausible non invasive routes to deliver the drug to the brain...

Besides this, provide some insights in the utility of the Transdermal patch (TDP) for brain disorders and the apt skin site for TDP to facilitate rapid drug absorption, minimal metabolism and localized delivery to the brain in shortest period.

Please do reply...:)

For someone "pursuing a doctorate," your approach to research is pretty lame. Ever heard of Medline? Try it some time; it's usually much higher yield than asking a bunch of premeds to do your work for you.

About the Ads

Bill59

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2006
Huh? This isn't a pharmacy basic science forum. However, I did have a patient that had a neuropathy, and treated it by rubbing a salve containing baclofen, amitriptyline, and some other medication he couldn't remember, on his feet.

Are you sure this was a salve and not a balm?

Nerdoscience

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
He called it a salve. Last I checked, they're the same thing -- thick oil-based topicals. Anyway, he said it worked. Go figure.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Impregnate the medication into lead and deliver with gun.

Ohh... You said NON-invasive.

neurologist

En garde
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Impregnate the medication into lead and deliver with gun.

Ohh... You said NON-invasive.

Dude, what's with you and the head shots? :eek:

I am a little concerned about this violent streak.

You need to leave Sin Francisco and go back to nice, peaceful Minnie-Soda.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Some people say violence is never the answer. I say that it just depends on how you phrase the question.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.