Simulating Verbal Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vipro58

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a few quick questions to ask:

1. For the Verbal how are you guys going about simulating the new format (7 passages - 60 min) because all the pratice problems that i have from kaplan, TPR, & EK are based on the older version (9p - 85min). For the past week i have been doing 3p - approx 26 min so that i can improve my test taking strategies and techniques.

2. I have been using EK verbal method since alot of ppl recommended it. Do the people using this method actually take breaks in between days so they can go over the question stems and write out the main idea. Because i feel writing out main idea helps but doing the question stems really confuses me and they say you should take at least 30min for each passages question stems, so im spending 1:30 min for 3 passages just working on the question stems which really seems not productive at all. I feel the best thing is to pratice everyday so i do at least 3 passages a day. What you guys think?

3. The last question i had was how long did ppl wait before they jumped from doing the 3 passages to actually doing the whole 7 passages?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i didn't wait that long. I do 7 passages at a time, but only once or twice a week. i think the rule is 3 minutes per passage + 1 min for each question in that passage. the more you do, the easier it is to just workhorse your way through them.

So when you used the examkrackers method you jumped right into doing 7 passages right away?

Also I wasn't sure what the 3min per passage + 1 min for each question was meant for?