You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
6
625233
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do "Knowing me, Knowing you" instead
Good idea or bad idea? Do applicants ever do funny stuff like this?
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
7
787593
That's so cool!I know somebody who's involved in an on-campus hip hop group and he was asked to freestyle a few bars, so he did.
7
787593
Another great song! 🙂Do "Knowing me, knowing you"
7
787593
Doubt it...With your stats, you could probably screech like a banshee and still get in.
Only if Simon, Paula, and Randy are interviewing you.
Only if you do it Andy Bernard style and have your acapella bros on speaker phone to back you up.
If I were an adcom and someone did that, I'd definitely give them some style points.
This may be why I will never be asked to serve as an adcom.
If I were an adcom and someone did that, I'd definitely give them some style points.
This may be why I will never be asked to serve as an adcom.
7
787593
Hahaha!!Only if you do it Andy Bernard style and have your acapella bros on speaker phone to back you up.
If I were an adcom and someone did that, I'd definitely give them some style points.
This may be why I will never be asked to serve as an adcom.

That's too much fire for adcoms....well unless youre interviewing at a HBCU 😎
A
AnatomyGrey12
I would change the song depending on the region. For example if you are in the south then you could just sing "shake it for me" by Luke Bryan, a little country. But note that if you don't have a female interviewer you may need to improvise the lyrics...
If you are at UW just go straight to "Downtown." A little Macklemore goes a long way in Seattle.
If you are at UW just go straight to "Downtown." A little Macklemore goes a long way in Seattle.
I would change the song depending on the region. For example if you are in the south then you could just sing "shake it for me" by Luke Bryan, a little country. But note that if you don't have a female interviewer you may need to improvise the lyrics...
If you are at UW just go straight to "Downtown." A little Macklemore goes a long way in Seattle.
Macklemore? I believe the correct answer is Sir Mix-a-lot
So you're giving me the green light to lay down some Hamilton at my Albany interview?I would change the song depending on the region. For example if you are in the south then you could just sing "shake it for me" by Luke Bryan, a little country. But note that if you don't have a female interviewer you may need to improvise the lyrics...
If you are at UW just go straight to "Downtown." A little Macklemore goes a long way in Seattle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*clears throat* mic check one, two, one, two...bout to spit some bars and join the accepted crew...application in early, you know how SDN do...got asked about my research, i said breakthrough...got asked about my money, i said beaucoup... cause i do what it do and then i do what it does...got a killer flow but don't call me a thug...and next time they ask you where kgizzle was...just say he's a doctor prescribing drugs! But I ain't a rapperI know somebody who's involved in an on-campus hip hop group and he was asked to freestyle a few bars, so he did.
7
787593
Legendary...*clears throat* mic check one, two, one, two...bout to spit some bars and join the accepted crew...application in early, you know how SDN do...got asked about my research, i said breakthrough...got asked about my money, i said beaucoup... cause i do what it do and then i do what it does...got a killer flow but don't call me a thug...and next time they ask you where kgizzle was...just say he's a doctor prescribing drugs! But I ain't a rapper
![]()
We had someone burst into song (the interviewer didn't make a note of the lyrics). He later did some spontaneous pantomime as well...
Please. There is only one acceptable thing to sing.
Baby got back.
But that alone is not enough to secure an acceptance. You must ensure that this is done at the very end of your faculty member interview so that they won't forget about it when discussing you with the committee. Doing it when they ask if you have any other questions is ideal. For good measure, make unbroken eye contact with your interviewer the whole time you're dropping those funky beats. Nothing could possibly be more memorable.
Baby got back.
But that alone is not enough to secure an acceptance. You must ensure that this is done at the very end of your faculty member interview so that they won't forget about it when discussing you with the committee. Doing it when they ask if you have any other questions is ideal. For good measure, make unbroken eye contact with your interviewer the whole time you're dropping those funky beats. Nothing could possibly be more memorable.
Please. There is only one acceptable thing to sing.
Baby got back.
But that alone is not enough to secure an acceptance. You must ensure that this is done at the very end of your faculty member interview so that they won't forget about it when discussing you with the committee. Doing it when they ask if you have any other questions is ideal. For good measure, make unbroken eye contact with your interviewer the whole time you're dropping those funky beats. Nothing could possibly be more memorable.
The unbroken eye contact is key.
The unbroken eye contact is key.
It really separates the wannabes from the truly enlightened.
On the topic of wannabes, don't be alarmed if the interviewer breaks out into a Spice Girls song to reciprocate your musical talent.It really separates the wannabes from the truly enlightened.
On the topic of wannabes, don't be alarmed if the interviewer breaks out into a Spice Girls song to reciprocate your musical talent.
"If you wanna be my student..."
7
787593
This has gone wildly out of control. Haha I love SDN"If you wanna be my student..."

This has gone wildly out of control. Haha I love SDN![]()
Surely you knew this would happen when you asked if singing Abba in an interview was a good idea 😉
7
787593
Possibly, but let me say that if anyone has a December interview and doesn't bring a small keyboard to play "Linus and Lucy".... well, that'd be a shame.Surely you knew this would happen when you asked if singing Abba in an interview was a good idea 😉
"Gotta get in my pants" am I doing this right?"If you wanna be my student..."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I swear you make these things up! What is it about your school that attracts the demented???
We had someone burst into song (the interviewer didn't make a note of the lyrics). He later did some spontaneous pantomime as well...
He got into Vanderbilt, ultimately, as I recall. We're not the only ones...I swear you make these things up! What is it about your school that attracts the demented???
He got into Vanderbilt, ultimately, as I recall. We're not the only ones...
7
787593
I might have to sing a bit...He got into Vanderbilt, ultimately, as I recall. We're not the only ones...
Vandy took this guy but didn't even invite me to interview??
Vandy is in Music City, USA
Vandy took this guy but didn't even invite me to interview??
Time to start learning how to pantomime if you want that Vandy IIVandy took this guy but didn't even invite me to interview??
Time to start learning how to pantomime if you want that Vandy II
Ah man my singing skills ain't strong. That must be the problem
Play to other strengths.
Ah man my singing skills ain't strong. That must be the problem
Play to other strengths.
![]()
Well I'm probably not good at miming, but I guess I could still be creepy. Close enough right?

Don't ever tell a school to take a "chance" on you. Convince them, rather, that you're exactly who they want and give them confidence that selecting you would not be a mistake.
Although if you can sing and enjoy doing so, be sure to highlight that as a personal quality!
Although if you can sing and enjoy doing so, be sure to highlight that as a personal quality!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 775
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 782