Singapore Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landa29x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will be graduating from the philppines in 2008. is it possible to do my residency in Singapore? i know nothing about their reequirements or the process and things... anyone knows?

Members don't see this ad.

i dun think ur philipino medical schools are recognized in singapore, i remember seeing a list of school on the SMC webpage that lists all the school that is recognized in singapore. all the medical schools were from USA, UK, Australia, NZ etc.

u shld email the singapore medical council...

theunraveler said:
i dun think ur philipino medical schools are recognized in singapore, i remember seeing a list of school on the SMC webpage that lists all the school that is recognized in singapore. all the medical schools were from USA, UK, Australia, NZ etc.

u shld email the singapore medical council...

ok thanks, it was just a thought, i've always wanted to be in singapore for a while. weird though, why wouldn't SMC allow it when the US allows it.. well maybe because of different systems.. anyway, ok thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
landa29x said:
ok thanks, it was just a thought, i've always wanted to be in singapore for a while. weird though, why wouldn't SMC allow it when the US allows it.. well maybe because of different systems.. anyway, ok thanks
I wouldn't worry about it. They don't accept degrees from most American med schools either.

I don't think much thought was put into their list. It's like a couple of people in Singapore sat down and picked a sampling of "impressive sounding" schools from various English-speaking countries. But after naming obvious schools like Harvard, Johns Hopkins, etc. their selection becomes fairly arbitrary. So, from Canada, the University of Ottawa is accepted but the University of Alberta, Université de Montréal and Dalhousie aren't. For UdeM it's probably because it's a non-English school, but the other two are English and I don't think anyone would claim that UofO was better than they are.

I wouldn't worry about it. They don't accept degrees from most American med schools either.
I don't think much thought was put into their list. It's like a couple of people in Singapore sat down and picked a sampling of "impressive sounding" schools from various English-speaking countries. But after naming obvious schools like Harvard, Johns Hopkins, etc. their selection becomes fairly arbitrary. So, from Canada, the University of Ottawa is accepted but the University of Alberta, Université de Montréal and Dalhousie aren't. For UdeM it's probably because it's a non-English school, but the other two are English and I don't think anyone would claim that UofO was better than they are.

Agreed. I'm a Singaporean med wannabe and i find the list very arbitrary too. A number of indian med schs are world renowned, yet not even 1 is on the list.

im reviving this thread :) pushing it to the top line.

If any1 has any information for PI grads interested in singapore residency, i would appreciate it.