SIS courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interjectionreflection

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was interested in this Spine Intervention Society course. I am nearing completion with my training but wanted to attend one SIS course. This course seems to give the most bang for the buck it covers a variety of things. Has anyone attended this course? I had 2 questions:
1. does the hands on sessions for this course course involve everything listed (i.e. disc access in all lumbar levels, cervical-thoracic-lumbar transforaminals and RFA etc.)
2. this course does not have any lectures is that something to be concerned about?

Members don't see this ad.

There are lectures on the front end, which are short, high-yield, evidence based. You’ll then go to a lab and learn from a solid instructor each procedure liste and do several on a cadaver.

Edit: Excuse me, it stated in your link there were no lectures. The must have changed the format. I can ask one of the instructors for more info for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply, that was my understanding of the SIS courses but they had a specific disclaimer for this course in particular i copied it here "This course contains hands-on lab instruction only; no lectures are provided." so it made me a bit hestiant if this was worth it or not

Members don't see this ad :)
The comprehensive course is definitely worth it. You have the option of performing any of the procedures and only the top instructors from SIS get to teach in this course. This is the best course they offer and you will learn a lot.

Thank you for the reply, that was my understanding of the SIS courses but they had a specific disclaimer for this course in particular i copied it here "This course contains hands-on lab instruction only; no lectures are provided." so it made me a bit hestiant if this was worth it or not
Sorry, see edit above. This still sounds solid. I’ll be near an instructor for this course this weekend if you have any specific questions.