SIS is now IPSIS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
The society formally known as...

1694469084029.png

Members don't see this ad.

It was ISIS when I joined. (I'm still waiting for any sign of the 72 virgins others spoke of getting as a sign-on bonus)

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, this is getting annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was ISIS when I joined. (I'm still waiting for any sign of the 72 virgins others spoke of getting as a sign-on bonus)
ive having enough trouble with 1 woman. 72 sounds like an effing nightmare.

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing ever beats the time my former colleague, who is an Arab American (loved the guy, super cool), grabbed lunch with me at a public area in the middle of a busy location. And we were both going to an IPSIS Conference, but he still referred to it as ISIS. As we're eating, he unknowingly says, "I'm very excited about the ISIS Meeting coming up soon. Have you read the recent ISIS guidelines? I got the guidebook recently, it's a very big but good read." He must've said ISIS a few more times, and I wanted to fall in a hole when the table next to us kept looking our way.

I'm so glad that ISIS/SIS/IPSIS is focusing on DEI and renaming themselves rather than spending their time/money on research/education/pain advocacy.

But it's not my money, so do what you want.

Nothing ever beats the time my former colleague, who is an Arab American (loved the guy, super cool), grabbed lunch with me at a public area in the middle of a busy location. And we were both going to an IPSIS Conference, but he still referred to it as ISIS. As we're eating, he unknowingly says, "I'm very excited about the ISIS Meeting coming up soon. Have you read the recent ISIS guidelines? I got the guidebook recently, it's a very big but good read." He must've said ISIS a few more times, and I wanted to fall in a hole when the table next to us kept looking our way.
haha, I got on a plane with my buddy (Pakistani guy) holding his ISIS bag that we had just gotten from one of the conferences.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I would have preferred International Pain Intervention Society but I presume that IPIS would not go over well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I used my handy Chatgpt for a new name....
How about "International Consortium for Understanding Pain" (ICUP)? This name conveys a sense of collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the pain management society.
I...C...U....P....
Sounds good to me... I will hand over some money for that!

I used my handy Chatgpt for a new name....
How about "International Consortium for Understanding Pain" (ICUP)? This name conveys a sense of collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the pain management society.
I...C...U....P....
Sounds good to me... I will hand over some money for that!
Def recommend dual membership in ICUP and the PEN 15 club