Site of MCAT Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't think area is very important. I didn't even take the class at a university, I just picked the site closest to my house.

Sounds good doc, I'll probably end up taking the one closer to my house as well, ends up saving gas.

What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

I would think that you'd get better teachers near a major university (better pool of teachers to draw from). Also, I don't think the best courses bother at the smaller universities. You pretty much only get Kaplan and PR if you're at Cal State. At UCLA, because BR is such a great course, I'd imagine that Kaplan and PR have to offer more than normal just to try to stay competitive.

I sat in on some classes to compare teachers at different courses and I definitely think there is a big difference between teachers. If you haven't signed up already, you should take BR at UCLA. The teachers are pretty unbeatable.