1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Site of MCAT Class

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by JeetKuneDo, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

2. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't think area is very important. I didn't even take the class at a university, I just picked the site closest to my house.

3. JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sounds good doc, I'll probably end up taking the one closer to my house as well, ends up saving gas.

4. Malayna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would think that you'd get better teachers near a major university (better pool of teachers to draw from). Also, I don't think the best courses bother at the smaller universities. You pretty much only get Kaplan and PR if you're at Cal State. At UCLA, because BR is such a great course, I'd imagine that Kaplan and PR have to offer more than normal just to try to stay competitive.

I sat in on some classes to compare teachers at different courses and I definitely think there is a big difference between teachers. If you haven't signed up already, you should take BR at UCLA. The teachers are pretty unbeatable.