JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

Malayna

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

I would think that you'd get better teachers near a major university (better pool of teachers to draw from). Also, I don't think the best courses bother at the smaller universities. You pretty much only get Kaplan and PR if you're at Cal State. At UCLA, because BR is such a great course, I'd imagine that Kaplan and PR have to offer more than normal just to try to stay competitive.

I sat in on some classes to compare teachers at different courses and I definitely think there is a big difference between teachers. If you haven't signed up already, you should take BR at UCLA. The teachers are pretty unbeatable.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.