JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician
I wouldn't think area is very important. I didn't even take the class at a university, I just picked the site closest to my house.

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't think area is very important. I didn't even take the class at a university, I just picked the site closest to my house.
Sounds good doc, I'll probably end up taking the one closer to my house as well, ends up saving gas.

Malayna

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
What is anyone's opinion and/or experience on the importance of the area the class is held? Would it be better to take a class located near a major university like UCLA or a class at a place like a Cal state.
I would think that you'd get better teachers near a major university (better pool of teachers to draw from). Also, I don't think the best courses bother at the smaller universities. You pretty much only get Kaplan and PR if you're at Cal State. At UCLA, because BR is such a great course, I'd imagine that Kaplan and PR have to offer more than normal just to try to stay competitive.

I sat in on some classes to compare teachers at different courses and I definitely think there is a big difference between teachers. If you haven't signed up already, you should take BR at UCLA. The teachers are pretty unbeatable.

About the Ads