Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU Cal State Apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabe_ot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone started filling out the Cal State Apply application for SJSU's OT Program? Is it me, or is it essentially a second OTCAS application?

Should I just copy and paste my extra curriculars and accomplishments so that they match my OTCAS application?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone started filling out the Cal State Apply application for SJSU's OT Program? Is it me, or is it essentially a second OTCAS application?

Should I just copy and paste my extra curriculars and accomplishments so that they match my OTCAS application?
Haha, yes. I've already pretty much filled out all of the Cal State Apply application. I just need to write the statement of purpose. But yeah they're pretty much identical to one another.

Did anyone else apply to CSUDH before SJSU through Cal State Apply (CSA)? When I logged back into CSA, I lost all of my information and essentially have to start over. I'm guessing it's because CSUDH's CSA was due September 15 and now that the deadline passed, they don't have it available anymore? Is there any way to access the CSUDH one so I don't have to do everything all over again (like transcript entry)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Follow-up question:

Should/can the personal statement be the same one we use for OTCAS or should it be different?

Thanks!

Follow-up question:

Should/can the personal statement be the same one we use for OTCAS or should it be different?

Thanks!
Do you mean the statement of purpose on the Calstate application? Because that one has a different question with a character limit. Or are you asking about the personal statement from the OTCAS prompt?

Do you mean the statement of purpose on the Calstate application? Because that one has a different question with a character limit. Or are you asking about the personal statement from the OTCAS prompt?

I meant whether it's okay for these (Cal State Apply and OTCAS) both to be the same. I guess for Cal State Apply the question focuses more on grad school itself rather than OT as a career, but I felt that my answer for OTCAS would still apply. And my OTCAS essay is also under that character limit (since SJSU wanted it to be a maximum of 500 words). On second review of the question, I should probably write something different for each, just in case!

I meant whether it's okay for these (Cal State Apply and OTCAS) both to be the same. I guess for Cal State Apply the question focuses more on grad school itself rather than OT as a career, but I felt that my answer for OTCAS would still apply. And my OTCAS essay is also under that character limit (since SJSU wanted it to be a maximum of 500 words). On second review of the question, I should probably write something different for each, just in case!
I actually just called SJSU about this. I was told that it can be the same because GAPE and the OT department are separate, so they don't share information when reviewing applications. So you don't have to worry about being accused of plagiarism.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually just called SJSU about this. I was told that it can be the same because GAPE and the OT department are separate, so they don't share information when reviewing applications. So you don't have to worry about being accused of plagiarism.

Okay, yay! I actually called too and they said this is not even something they look at for the school part of the application. It seems they are just trying to verify that you meet the school's minimum requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else apply to CSUDH before SJSU through Cal State Apply (CSA)? When I logged back into CSA, I lost all of my information and essentially have to start over. I'm guessing it's because CSUDH's CSA was due September 15 and now that the deadline passed, they don't have it available anymore? Is there any way to access the CSUDH one so I don't have to do everything all over again (like transcript entry)?

I would call Cal State Apply and see if they can do anything. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it's definitely worth calling and asking!

I know this is an old thread, but were you able to recover your old application in order to apply for SJSU? I am running into the same problem..

I know this is an old thread, but were you able to recover your old application in order to apply for SJSU? I am running into the same problem..
It happened to me too, and I actually called Cal State Apply and it seems that because CSUDH app is under the "Spring/Winter/Summer 2019" application then SJSU will essentially be a completely different one because it falls under the "Fall 2019" application. Idk if that makes sense? I know it's not good news but I did have to fill out the entire app again.

Reactions: 1 user