Skeletal Trauma vs Rockwood & Greens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which book do you think is better in your personal opinion. I want to read one through during residency but I'm not sure which one I should go with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Which book do you think is better in your personal opinion. I want to read one through during residency but I'm not sure which one I should go with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on how much shelf space you have. Rockwood and Green will take up slightly more space, especially if you get the Pediatric book as well. Skeletal Trauma is more space efficient. Both are excellent resources that won't get used that often. Don't count on "reading them through" unless you have a very high tolerance for utter boredom. Pick whichever one more people in your residency program use.

Got R&G as a PGY-1, and then Skeletal Trauma the next year. I'm partial to Skeletal trauma - find it reads easier and is higher yield. I like trauma, so haven't found reading it boring - I don't think reading it through during the course of residency is unreasonable.

Last edited: