Skipped Clinical Case On Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paddington

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After the exam I tried recounting the clinical cases I got, and one was missing. I went through them again today, and there's still a deficit of one. I don't know if it was skipped, or if I accidentally clicked the wrong box at some point or what. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

After the exam I tried recounting the clinical cases I got, and one was missing. I went through them again today, and there's still a deficit of one. I don't know if it was skipped, or if I accidentally clicked the wrong box at some point or what. :confused:

If I were you I would report this problem to the NBME where you registered to take your step 3 examination. I have read in some other posts in the past where some fellow colleagues experienced the same problem you did. Every now and then this is a programing error in part of NBME. Let them know ASAP so they can try to correct the problem. What will most likely happen if found to be a fault on there part is that they will most likly have you go back to a prometric testing site to repeat all your 9 cases only. But this is a better alternative then missing an entire case all together. In any event wish you the best. :xf:

I wouldn't worry, I had a friend who killed one of the clinical cases b/c she didn't pump the fella's stomach (an OD case). She still passed. I've heard of people killing at least 2 of the cases and they passed. I you flubber on one (or don't submit it) I don't think it will kill you. :luck: