Skipping sections on the DAT PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adventureisoutthere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finding mixed answers in regards to skipping around on the PAT. I want to know if it's possible to jump to any question you want without hitting the skip button a bunch of times? Any advice from people that have already taken their DAT?
On all my practices I start at hole punch (Question 46) go till the end, then jump back to question 1 and go till 45. This helps me tremendously in timing each section bc I can blaze through Hole Punch, Cubes, pattern Folding and have 38-40 minutes for Keyholes, TFE & angles (which I really need).
So I would really like to be able to do this on the actual DAT but I'm getting mixed responses about the ability to skip around.

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to mark every question up until 46, which I think would be a waste of time. I would just go through the first 45 and do the ones I could do quickly and mark the hard ones for after.

You would have to press next 45 times. The "review" button only becomes available at the very end of every section.

Alright I will try a couple of different strategies then, thanks!
If I skip a question without marking it will it remind me at the end which questions I've skipped? (like on Topscore and CDP)

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, there's a column for 'completed' 'incomplete' and 'marked' after you've gotten through the questions
I'm really bad at TFE so I marked them all C and came back later and I think that helped me with time. Focus on your good sections!

Like what someone above said, you have to click next a lot to get to whatever section you're trying to do first. That said, I had a very similar strategy. I did angles, TFE, and keyholes (in that order) for my last 3 sections, while matching your first 3 sections. The 5-10 seconds spent clicking through to hole punching was worth the boon it provided me in time management, since I always took too long on keyholes when I was practicing.

Wait, If i want to skip sections, do i need to mark all the questions ive skipped? On the CDP, i just press skip until I reach the hole punching section. Is it like CDP on the real DAT, or do i need to mark every single skipped question in order to move on?