Skype/Phone interviews with PT schools

Started by Pac91
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pac91

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

In perusing the Pre-PT forum, I noticed several threads where students mention getting phone/skype interviews with schools. I am wondering if this is common practice for students who live out of state, or if it is granted on a case by case (or school by school) basis. As a West Coaster interested in applying to East Coast schools, it would be very helpful for me to learn which schools are open to long distance interviews, as, like many others have stated, I can't afford to fly all over the country.

So, if anyone has found schools who routinely do skype/phone interviews I would love to hear!

Cheers,
 
It is usually case by case. Most schools do in person interviews, but if you cannot make it they can accommodate you. You just have to communicate and email the school. What schools are you interviewing for?
 
Thanks for the response!

I am looking at UNE, MCPHS in Maine/Massachusetts, as well as potentially a school in North Carolina and one in Arkansas.

I would like to add 1 or 2 more to my list to help my odds of acceptance, but definitely can't afford that many trips. I would hate to spend the money/time of applying to schools, then getting an interview and not being able to attend...

I guess I'm just not sure how to go about finding out. Leading with, "Hey, do you offer off-site interviews?" doesn't seem like a great strategy. However, that is the biggest factor in the remaining schools I would be applying to.