Sleep your way to great vision

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaylord

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend, while I was home over the Thanksgiving break, and we began discussing the new Paragon CRT theraputic lenses. Is this the next big thing in Optometry?

Thoughts and Opinions...

Members don't see this ad.

the concept has been around a long time..it's called ortho-keratology. I have fit the Paragon lens in the past. It's hit or miss. It depends on your lifestyle..your prescription..your fear of lasik..etc. Some patients think you're a Godsend others want you to go to hell. It was a pain for me so I don't fit it anymore. With the success of silicone-hydrogels and Lasik ..this is where I concentrate mostly on now.

I know an optometry student who tried them, and said it didn't work for her. It's okay though because she got to use them for free since she was an OD student (pacific). You can probably try them out once you get into OD school too. :)

We have several that tried them in my class and I only know of one student who stuck with it. The others didn't get enough sleep each night or have a regular schedule to wear them the appropriate time length each night.