SLOR and Military Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caarmymed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I had a question regarding whether or not military EM physicians could fill out a SLOR for emergency medicine while we are doing our ADTs. I figure that they probably can, but wanted to check and see if anyone knew for sure. The reason is that I may not be able to get an EM rotation at my home school for some time, and thought that it was reccomended that we have these when we also apply with ERAS/NRMP in addition to the military match. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

caarmymed said:
Hello all. I had a question regarding whether or not military EM physicians could fill out a SLOR for emergency medicine while we are doing our ADTs. I figure that they probably can, but wanted to check and see if anyone knew for sure. The reason is that I may not be able to get an EM rotation at my home school for some time, and thought that it was reccomended that we have these when we also apply with ERAS/NRMP in addition to the military match. Thanks for the help.

Yes. Good luck. Which military installations are you going to be rotating at?

Thanks for the heads up. I will be heading to MAMC this Sep and BAMC in Oct.

caarmymed said:
Thanks for the heads up. I will be heading to MAMC this Sep and BAMC in Oct.
I'll see you in SEP then, I'm working most of that month in the ED. If you get a chance to check out the Darnall program I'd do it. It's a great program also. Maybe a drive up there while at BAMC. It never hurts to get face time with all of the programs. Good luck.