SLOR - supplemental comments?

Started by deleted245139
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted245139

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried searching for the answer but my question seemed too specific and I didn't find anything in the archive -

At the end of the SLOR there is a section inviting the author to include written comments on the applicant. Should the author be invited or encouraged to add a page to the SLOR to write a more detailed comment, ie more like a traditional letter? Or is it better that the SLOR be kept the the original two pages and the comments kept to a minimum.

I'm asking on behalf of a letter writer who asked if the SLOR allowed for a more detailed commentary on my performance.

Also - is it a negative to submit only SLOR's? I have one other letter that is non-EM, but will have 3-5 SLORs for submission. Should I try to acquire some more non-EM traditional LORs?

Thanks so much in advance!