SLP students - Where are you going in fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemiJP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today is the day!

I'm moving halfway across the country and going to UW-Madison.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Remi!

I've decided on Emerson :)

Just out of curiosity -what was the deciding factor for you for UW-Madison?

Well, I really enjoyed my visit to the school. I met with a professor and she said that I would be able to work in her lab. Also, I found out that they noted on my application that I'd be a good candidate for the MS/PhD program. The prof said that I could continue to work in her lab, do my dissertation under her supervision, and get full tuition remission + a stipend if I want to go for the PhD. The MS program is smaller than the other schools that I've been accepted to (only about 20 students per class) and I got the feeling that it would be easier to get my top choice external placements there. Plus, I've lived here in Boston for my whole life, and I'm looking forward to living in a new place. So, it just felt like the best fit!

I loved Emerson and all the grad students seem really happy there. I'm sure you will love it too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that's really exciting you are going to get both the MS and PhD. Good for you! And full tuition!! Sounds like the all around full package.

I'm really excited for Emerson. It was a difficult choice between them and MGH but in the end I felt that Emerson offered me more the first year with their clinic. I really want to focus on the zero to three population as I have been working with kids in this age range for the past 3 years and love it. I'm excited to learn more about the adult population as well!

Good luck to you!

Will anyone be attending UCF in the Fall?

I'm just now starting....I have already graduated with a bachelors degree in Elementary Education, now I just applied to Utah to get a second bachelors degree in Communication Disorders. Hopefully by next fall I will be in Western Kentucky University's program and then off to University of Kentucky to get my PhD in Rehab Science.

Becoming a Professor is my goal. :thumbup:

My GF is going to NYMC :)

cool, it's a pretty intense program they have, but the people who run it are pretty good folks (and they're "human" aka approachable)