Sep 26, 2014
Texas
Status
Pre-Audiology
I'm applying to University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Austin, University of North Texas, Texas Tech, University of Oklahoma, University of Pittsburgh and Purdue.

How far are you into the application process? I've taken the GRE twice and have submitted probably half of the applications. I've asked for my LORs but still need to request transcripts.

Jul 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Audiology
I'm also applying to the University of Texas at Dallas and the University of Texas at Austin! Also, University of Kansas, Vanderbilt University, Washington University (St. Louis) and University of Washington (Seattle).

I am nearly done with my applications. Awaiting transcripts and payments for the most part.

Aug 25, 2014
Texas
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I am only applying to UT Austin. All I need are LORs to be sent, and I need to upload one more transcript. Thank goodness their application process is super simple. I am finishing up my undergrad here at the University of North Texas, great program for those who are applying. UT Dallas is amazing, too. I am considering SLP and another grad program just to not put all of my eggs in one basket.

Nov 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Audiology
I'm applying to the U of Louisville, ASU, U of Nebraska Lincoln, Towson U, U of Memphis, and U of CO Boulder. Haven't submitted any applications yet.

Jul 10, 2014
Status
Pre-Audiology
It seems early to be submitting! Those of you who are finished--what is the deadline for your schools? Is there an advantage to getting them in earlier then a week or two prior to the due dates? I have been holding out to further edit my personal statement, but if better funding comes with early apps, I would submit it now for sure. Does anyone know the general story (I know every institution is different) of application timing and funding?

OP
C
Sep 26, 2014
Texas
Status
Pre-Audiology
It seems early to be submitting! Those of you who are finished--what is the deadline for your schools? Is there an advantage to getting them in earlier then a week or two prior to the due dates? I have been holding out to further edit my personal statement, but if better funding comes with early apps, I would submit it now for sure. Does anyone know the general story (I know every institution is different) of application timing and funding?
I'm not quite finished but I did them early so I wouldn't have to worry about them as it gets closer to finals week and I didn't want to worry about them over the winter break. I don't think funding depends on how early an application is submitted. For me, it was based on when I would be able to dedicate the most time to finishing them.

I would suggest you submit any documents that need to be mailed earlier than a week or two from the deadline. I've heard stories about students not being considered for programs because the document wasn't received in time.

Aug 25, 2014
Texas
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
UT Austin's deadline is 12/15. :/ I give myself a full two months to get everything together, that way, there are no hiccups the week before the deadline. Some schools do have a deadline, and then rolling admissions, in which case it is best to get your application in before then, but I think once accepted most students are considered for funding regardless of whether or not the app gets turned in early. At least from the schools I've checked out.

Aug 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Audiology
I'm applying to six programs: Wichita State University, University of Kansas, Missouri State University, University of Iowa, Washington University, and Indiana University at Bloomington. I'm completely finished with two applications. This is mostly due to letters of recommendation; all others allow me to send prompts to my references prior to complete application submission. However, the two I finished wouldn't send a prompt to the references until the application was submitted; and I wanted to give them plenty of time, so I finished early. I'm working on personal statements on the rest right now.

It doesn't do me much good really, no university has rolling admissions. However, when I did a telephone "virtual visit" last Friday they were impressed that I'd finished already and, coupled with my unique background, helped me to stand out. I'm hoping it helps my chances!

Oct 30, 2014
I'm applying to University of N. Colorado, Wichita State, University of S. Dakota, Texas Tech, Utah State University, and Idaho State

OP
C
Sep 26, 2014
Texas
Status
Pre-Audiology
I'm applying to University of N. Colorado, Wichita State, University of S. Dakota, Texas Tech, Utah State University, and Idaho State
I'm interested in knowing why Texas Tech since the other schools you are applying to are farther north.

Oct 30, 2014
I'm interested in knowing why Texas Tech since the other schools you are applying to are farther north.
Okay I'm totally editing this because I didn't read "farther north"
So, I am
Moving back to CO, the state where I grew up. And most of the school I want to apply to (with the expection of N. Colorado) are all about 8-9 drive away. I picked Texas because I liked it, I wasn't really a fan of the Arizona schools for some reason, and it just so happens most of my schools were more north. But really it's actually not to bad of a drive from where I live. (Considering the drives I make on the East Coast). Plus- again the program sounds great!

Last edited: