SLU anesthesiology residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkafiSkafnjak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any current residents that can comment on St Louis University anesthesiology program. I found couple old treads, but not very useful since they are over 5 years old.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry cant help.

However i think learning primarily depends on how keen and enthusiastic you are, rather than what program you take. This is my opinion !!!
+pity+

Went to school at SLU a few years back. Unfortunately, the program was in a bit of flux at the time. They lost a few of their attendings and the residents were having to rotate elsewhere to get adequate OB and CT exposure. I will say though, as far as I know, no one was having trouble getting their numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been here almost a year now after a grueling year training next to PMP.

Drop me a message at your leisure.

Iam a Resident. If you have questions DM or Just ask away .

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry cant help.

However i think learning primarily depends on how keen and enthusiastic you are, rather than what program you take. This is my opinion !!!
+pity+
After reading many years of personal statements, this is a universal truth:
If the word "keen" appears in your personal statement, you are an IMG...and conversely, if you are an IMG, the word "keen" will appear in your personal statement.

Reactions: 2 users
Finished there a few years ago. Felt confident to do most any cases. Out in the real world? I started right up and was able to do any case thrown my way. Peds? OB? Trauma? Regional? Neuro? Thoracic? Vascular? We even do some community hearts. The only thing I would have wanted more of was TEE training. Maybe they have improved that by now.

Reactions: 1 user