SLU (class of 2011)!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whit1113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my first acceptance!! Woo hoo!

SLU is my first choice so far from the schools that I have interviewed at. Is there anyone else that is planning on being there next year?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my first acceptance!! Woo hoo!

SLU is my first choice so far from the schools that I have interviewed at. Is there anyone else that is planning on being there next year?

...see allopathic class thread

Congrats!! I haven't got an interview yet, but I live in the immediate area around SLU, so if you have any St. Louis related ?'s I can help! From what I've seen SLU students are the most fun, outgoing, socially competent group of kids of any school I've seen so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I haven't got an interview yet, but I live in the immediate area around SLU, so if you have any St. Louis related ?'s I can help! From what I've seen SLU students are the most fun, outgoing, socially competent group of kids of any school I've seen so far.

Uh... what?

I can tell you right now that this is blatantly untrue. :smuggrin:

Congrats on your acceptance dude!

Is there any hope of an interview if you were complete in September and have heard nothing so far?

I'm not very familiar with the process there, but I was complete the beginning of Oct, received an invite end of Nov for the beginning of Dec. My acceptance came 2 weeks after the interview.

Good luck!!

Uh... what?

I can tell you right now that this is blatantly untrue. :smuggrin:

Really? Maybe the group I went out with the other day is the minority, but I had a great time. Give me an example, I could be wrong! They were your class too. Maybe I'm comparing them to some of the schools I've interviewed at recently *cough*WashU*cough*

Really? Maybe the group I went out with the other day is the minority, but I had a great time. Give me an example, I could be wrong! They were your class too. Maybe I'm comparing them to some of the schools I've interviewed at recently *cough*WashU*cough*

Ah, I'm just kidding. Like any other class we have our own dynamic. You'll have the Asians, the Indians, the Mormons, the former jocks/coolkids, the "Cooper's Kids" (you'll see what I'm talking about if you come here) and then you'll have the outsiders... like me! :D

I had a great time at SLU when I interviewed too. I played IM soccer with the med students against the undergrad, sat in on classes the day before my interview, etc etc. I don't quite know why it has such a bad rep here on SDN. Although, I have since declined my acceptance it seemed like a pretty decent place to go to school. Go Bilikins! (right?)

I got accepted there too...and so far I'm planning on going! I really liked the people who interviewed on the same day as me, they were a lot of fun:) .

Maybe I'll see you there next year!

I got my first acceptance yesterday (after 2 rejections, and Mizzou's classic, "Better-luck-next-time" email), and I must absolutely say I am elated!!! :D My interview at SLU was my best, lowest-stress experience so far, and I really felt like I would 'fit' at the school. It went from an "if all else fails" school to the top of my list when I left the interview. I have always liked St. Louis, and I'm sick of Columbia, so I will, barring some sort of miracle or act of G-d, likely be a Billiken next year. :thumbup: :love: Best of luck to everyone else who is applying, interviewing, and waiting to hear back. :luck:

I got my first acceptance yesterday (after 2 rejections, and Mizzou's classic, "Better-luck-next-time" email), and I must absolutely say I am elated!!! :D My interview at SLU was my best, lowest-stress experience so far, and I really felt like I would 'fit' at the school. It went from an "if all else fails" school to the top of my list when I left the interview. I have always liked St. Louis, and I'm sick of Columbia, so I will, barring some sort of miracle or act of G-d, likely be a Billiken next year. :thumbup: :love: Best of luck to everyone else who is applying, interviewing, and waiting to hear back. :luck:

I was accepted around thanksgiving off the waitlist from last year, and I must say the interview was EXTREMELY low stress, and my interviewer just wanted to talk with me about things. As far as comparing it to Mizzou...SLU Hospital is probably a better place to be in years 3&4, but Mizzou curriculum for the first two years seems to outshine schools like SLU which use a traditional approach. The staff at SLU have a good rep, and they even have a good rep here (NorthwesternU @ Chicago). After improving my MCAT and essays substantially, MU basically said that I had too much both "urban" and "lab" experience for them. Whatever,...I'm out of state now so I don't care anymore. The only real drawback to SLU is the price, but even the talked about schools of the same caliber here (Rush and Loyola) come with the same tag. Some kids are all up tight about the SLU hospital area of StL, but in comparison to a larger uban area with WORSE poverty/demographics <cough> chicago <cough>, it's nothing. All in all, I wouldn't consider SLU a "fall back" school if you main choice as a Missouri resident is MU. I didn't even apply to SLU my first time around, b/c there's no way you can get into SLU with a low MCAT score with as many applicants as it gets (a national pool).

The delmar loop in StL is vaguely hipster and cool, the CWE is rather yuppie, and the soulard looks gritty, but is actually a better choice to go hang out.

Probably see you next year.