SLU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlliniEMT1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
" If you have not already written this on the AMCAS application, please describe briefly the
reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you
wish to the Admissions Committee."

What the heck to I do with that? I pretty much covered my motivations on the AMCAS.
Are they saying "please write something for us" or "dont write us unless you have a specific problem to address" ?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's pretty clear. Leave it blank unless there's something you think will knock the adcom's socks off that you didn't get to include in your AMCAS app.

Exactly, its pretty straightforward. When I wrote my personal statement, I wrote it knowing that I would have more to tell medical schools about myself later on. It was the eye opener to send me a secondary if they didn't already automatically send one to everyone.

SLU and most other schools use the secondary to catch any other info they missed. Include something that makes you different, or perhaps why you want to attend SLU? Your thoughts on St. Louis, etc. Why would you SLU be a great fit for you?

Hope that helps,
wyldstyle2000

$100, man, they are killing me!!!!! why coudln't they all be $35 like udub (seattle)? :rolleyes: