Slu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesaug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me a bit of insight about SLU. I have already been accepted into a med school which I like...and am not sure whether I should give the SLU interview as I would have to fly in. Reading interview feedback has given me some negative vibes...with comments like students saying to avoid coming to the school if you could. Obviously, there can be ppl at any school who do not enjoy being there, l...so I just wanted to know how ppl felt about SLU here on SDN.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am enjoying SLU thus far. Most of the professors are great and the class seems very cohesive; partying together on the weekends, helping each other study. We are already finished with Human Anatomy. My drawbacks are tuition and that I would have preferred to stay in CA and attend a UC; sometimes life just doesn't work out that way. I know three doctors who attended SLU and they all do well. They all have affiliations with USC; two are ortho surgeons with private practices and one is a peds intensivist at CHLA. Are you happy with your acceptance? If you are content, I don't see the point in spending more money on interviews. Best of luck.