small space

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMarieDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I was just able to assist for the first time (I'm shadowing) and thought it was really difficult to work in the mouth b/c there was like no room.... granted, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, but should I be concerned? Did anyone else suck at working in such a small space when they started d-school and then get better? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Remember when you started taking algebra in school, and you were like "zOMG algebras r liek sooooo hard!!11", and after 10 some years of doing it it's the easiest thing in the world?

It's sort of like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys
I was just able to assist for the first time (I'm shadowing) and thought it was really difficult to work in the mouth b/c there was like no room.... granted, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, but should I be concerned? Did anyone else suck at working in such a small space when they started d-school and then get better? Thanks in advance.

Hate to rain on your parade, but it gets worse. Wait until you get a huge tongue and massive cheeks, and then add halitosis......The roses do smell better on the other side.:D

Remember when you started taking algebra in school, and you were like "zOMG algebras r liek sooooo hard!!11", and after 10 some years of doing it it's the easiest thing in the world?

It's sort of like that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pray you never get a patient with epidermolysis bullosa. Whatever you touch peels off and blisters, no vestibules from scar tissue, can barely open...just to list a few of the difficulties.

24820013.jpg