1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Small step 2 book?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by chesspro_md, Jun 21, 2002.

1. chesspro_md

chesspro_md Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm looking for a good step 2 book that i can carry in my coat pocket for reading during down time in the hospital. Thanks for the help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. migraineboy

migraineboy Member
    7+ Year Member

Try Advanced Life Support for the USMLE II. Short, small, inexpensive, and has great information.

4. DO2be2002

DO2be2002 Junior Member

I recommend Boards and Wards (Ayala and Spellberg). This was the only book that I reviewed for Step II, and I did well on the exam.

5. fourthyear

fourthyear Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Boards and Wards is awesome. I didn't get it till my last rotation of 3rd year and wish I'd had it all year. Plus I saw a lot of interns using it to review for step 3 as well.

6. blueintheface

blueintheface Member
    7+ Year Member

This one has great charts and bullet lists for quick reviews while waiting for the elevator, waiting for the attending to come for rounds, etc. It fits easily into a white coat pocket, although you won't have much room left for anything else. At 350+ pages its a little heavy, but you can balance it out with a Pre-Test or the Washington Manual on the other side.:)