Quantcast

Small step 2 book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chesspro_md

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I'm looking for a good step 2 book that i can carry in my coat pocket for reading during down time in the hospital. Thanks for the help.

migraineboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Try Advanced Life Support for the USMLE II. Short, small, inexpensive, and has great information.

DO2be2002

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recommend Boards and Wards (Ayala and Spellberg). This was the only book that I reviewed for Step II, and I did well on the exam.

fourthyear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boards and Wards is awesome. I didn't get it till my last rotation of 3rd year and wish I'd had it all year. Plus I saw a lot of interns using it to review for step 3 as well.

blueintheface

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This one has great charts and bullet lists for quick reviews while waiting for the elevator, waiting for the attending to come for rounds, etc. It fits easily into a white coat pocket, although you won't have much room left for anything else. At 350+ pages its a little heavy, but you can balance it out with a Pre-Test or the Washington Manual on the other side.:)