• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

helloeveryone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hello everyone,

I was wondering whether it would be better to do your undergrad at a small university versus a big name university, if you are considering applying to a second entry programs (i.e pharmacy or medical school.)

Is it correct that the chances of getting better marks would be higher if you attend a smaller university instead of some big name one such as uoft?

If yes, do pharmacy or medical schools evaluate your grades based on the university you attended for the undergrad?

ANY ADVICE IS HUGELY Appreciated!

Last edited:

Zuckman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Pharmacy and medical schools will NOT care one bit which university in Canada you attended. However, some US schools (such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford) will definitely prefer if you attended UofT, McGill, or UBC.

I would suggest a smaller school vs a larger school. It tends to be easier to get good marks. I have several friends who went to UofT and they regretted it. They now say that they should have gone to Western.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.