smartphone pathology ready books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckerfree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone post or PM me a link where I might be able to download smartphone versions of pathology textbooks, especially anything heme related, or the new Proffessional edition of Robbins? I'm not talking about gaining online access to textbooks a la Washingtong manual of surgpath or Ioachim's Lymph Node pathology, but rather a version that I can have on my T mobile G1 touch without the requirement of an active data plan with internet access. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone post or PM me a link where I might be able to download smartphone versions of pathology textbooks, especially anything heme related, or the new Proffessional edition of Robbins? I'm not talking about gaining online access to textbooks a la Washingtong manual of surgpath or Ioachim's Lymph Node pathology, but rather a version that I can have on my T mobile G1 touch without the requirement of an active data plan with internet access. Thanks!

I had a hard time finding anything 7 or 8 months ago that was in a format for smart phones.

There was a pretty good workaround that I use though. If your institution has access to a site like springerlink though it's biomedical library or whatever you can go here:

http://www.springerlink.com/medicine/?sortorder=asc&Content+Type=Books

There are a large number of books available in PDF format by chapter.. you can pick what chapters you want up to downloading every chapter. Then load them onto your phone and any easily had PDF reader, or it may even be a native capability on the G1, can access them.

There are other sites that have similar publications at the ready.. depending on your program you may have access to a huge number of publications you can do this with.