Smdep 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to the exact same programs!! I've gotten in to UCLA already but im kinda holding our for columbia until the deadline they gave me.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else attending the NJMS SMDEP?

Haha how excittingg!! I can't wait to get the acceptance packet in the mail already!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SheilaG! I just got accepted into UCLA SMDEP too!! I am so excited about the opportunities that await. We should start a thread just for UCLA SMDEP scholars, haha i cant wait!

Woot! I'll be at UCLA this summer too! Congrats, I can't wait to meet you all. BTW, have you received anything in the mail yet?

Woot! I'll be at UCLA this summer too! Congrats, I can't wait to meet you all. BTW, have you received anything in the mail yet?

Not yet, it's driving me crazyy!!

HEY GUYS!!
Is anyone going to UMDNJ for SMDEP 09?!?!
I got accepted, I'm going for the Dental field :D

I can't wait!!:p

I just heard back from UCLA today and the SMDEP website told me my status was "not yet processed", yet when I called the school they told me i had been accepted.

I'm waiting for Columbia, which was also supposed to get back to me today but nothing so far :(...I tried calling but they told me the director doesn't take phone calls regarding the program...

grats dude
im still waiting on mine for columbia, new jersey and ucla. i emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said my decision would be posted on the 17th.. cant wait!

Bigee, did you hear from Columbia today ? I still haven't..:(

yes i heard today. i was rejected. that is probably one of the most competitive dental schools in the program along with UCLA.

i have yet to hear from UCLA and new jersey, i kind of hope i get into the new jersey one since its so much closer to home for me. goodluck to you lalsad

just got in UCLA too, guess i wil see you there.

Not yet, it's driving me crazyy!!

I spoke to the UCLA SMDEP rep the other day, she said that the packets should be going out this week. However, they are not sure if they are going to snail-mail them or distribute them via email instead.

I spoke to the UCLA SMDEP rep the other day, she said that the packets should be going out this week. However, they are not sure if they are going to snail-mail them or distribute them via email instead.

thanks! I'll be checking the mailbox every day! I get so excited about these things.

Im still waiting for my packet from UCLA, has anyone else gotten theirs?

Wow, this is truly a massive disappointment. Such an amazing opportunity, and I can't even apply. *glares angrily at the Freshmen/Sophomore only sign* I really don't understand why they would do that, as if juniors/seniors/post-baccs/second careerers couldn't possibly be interested or have this be incredibly enriching and useful to them!

How did any of you even know about this so early in your lives?

what kind of stats do you guys have, those of you that have gotten accepted? if you don't mind sharing. like GPA range, extracurriculars, etc.

Can't wait for SMDEP to start in about 3 weeks (06/22/09).... so many new people to meet and so many things to learn about. I got accepted back in April in the UW SMDEP. To answer one of the original posts, I am currently enrolled at a community college, and I had about 60 credits at the time of the application, you need to apply before starting junior year (application due March 1st).