Smdep 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Daaang we are all from around here. I'm from RC :cool:. I also confirmed with UCLA way back, both by calling and confirming through email. I saw the UCLA SMDEP site, we should try to make it more active by just going on and stuff. I was going to say just chat here...but I don't think that would be good haha. :laugh: qwe7791, did you confirm at UCLA?

What's RC Rancho in the Inland Empire???

Members don't see this ad.

Yo

Congrats if you got accepted! Sure wish it was me, but don't worry I'll find something productive and fun to do this Summer ;)

Yall have an awesome time. I can spy many friends in the making...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone I'm a newbie here. I just want to ask is there anyone going to Nebraska? I just got accepted yesterday after being waitlisted so I want to see if I can meet some folks before traveling to Cornhusker land.

Yo

Congrats if you got accepted! Sure wish it was me, but don't worry I'll find something productive and fun to do this Summer ;)

Thanks Matto.

what was the number of total applicants and the number that is accepted?

what was the number of total applicants and the number that is accepted?

I think about 80 applicants were selected at each site. Not sure about the total applicant though..

Yo

Thanks :) I heard about another program...amgen scholars. Try that for next summer!

Hello everyone I'm a newbie here. I just want to ask is there anyone going to Nebraska? I just got accepted yesterday after being waitlisted so I want to see if I can meet some folks before traveling to Cornhusker land.

I'm going to Nebraska :) I'm from florida and I may never visit that state again lol

Got accepted to Nebraska :)

Nebraska
1. smdepalltheway
2. ncdent7191
3. Mzamostny
4. FHC

Columbia
1. PSU2013
2. stereolov3
3. juandi9120
4. pourlepeuple
5. mhernandez13

Yale
1. Coltsbcs
2. FutMedStudent.
3. futpedMD...YALE, how you doin'?? )
4. iRPhil
5. jessicalee92
6. Espadaleader

Duke
1. Epfrias
2. premedLA3
3. nadinex
4. ib4walrus
5. premed27

Washington
1.FutureMD003
2. straanth
3. naf831

UVA
1. tanay
2. baburf
3. Pink91

UCLA
1. echen
2. AValdez2010

Howard
1. RastaPasta
2. Elastigirl

CASE
1. janezfresh
2. Tg4u531

New Jersey
1. Quise18
2. rebgi

Houston
1. Tooth Lover

I'm going to Nebraska :) I'm from florida and I may never visit that state again lol

Cool! Do you know when we're supposed to receiving information packets or something? I'm from Texas and I'm already preparing myself for the "You have a Southern accent!, Do you ride a horse?" brigade. I might as well add myself to the list too:

Nebraska
1. smdepalltheway
2. ncdent7191
3. Mzamostny
4. FHC
5. Babiebkb123

Columbia
1. PSU2013
2. stereolov3
3. juandi9120
4. pourlepeuple
5. mhernandez13

Yale
1. Coltsbcs
2. FutMedStudent.
4. iRPhil
5. jessicalee92
6. Espadaleader

Duke
1. Epfrias
2. premedLA3
3. nadinex
4. ib4walrus
5. premed27

Washington
1.FutureMD003
2. straanth
3. naf831

UVA
1. tanay
2. baburf
3. Pink91

UCLA
1. echen
2. AValdez2010

Howard
1. RastaPasta
2. Elastigirl

CASE
1. janezfresh
2. Tg4u531

New Jersey
1. Quise18
2. rebgi

Houston
1. Tooth Lover

The email said that they'd mail them out sometime this week. I'm expecting my packet to take quite a while to arrive just because I live so far. Have you joined the group on fb yet?

does anyone know what we have to bring that's not listed in the packet? (ie. dress shirts (how many), toiletries, etc? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what we have to bring that's not listed in the packet? (ie. dress shirts (how many), toiletries, etc? thanks

If they make us bring our own toilet paper... :laugh:

Cool! Do you know when we're supposed to receiving information packets or something? I'm from Texas and I'm already preparing myself for the "You have a Southern accent!, Do you ride a horse?" brigade. I might as well add myself to the list too:

Nebraska
1. smdepalltheway
2. ncdent7191
3. Mzamostny
4. FHC
5. Babiebkb123

Columbia
1. PSU2013
2. stereolov3
3. juandi9120
4. pourlepeuple
5. mhernandez13

Yale
1. Coltsbcs
2. FutMedStudent.
4. iRPhil
5. jessicalee92
6. Espadaleader

Duke
1. Epfrias
2. premedLA3
3. nadinex
4. ib4walrus
5. premed27

Washington
1.FutureMD003
2. straanth
3. naf831

UVA
1. tanay
2. baburf
3. Pink91

UCLA
1. echen
2. AValdez2010

Howard
1. RastaPasta
2. Elastigirl

CASE
1. janezfresh
2. Tg4u531

New Jersey
1. Quise18
2. rebgi

Houston
1. Tooth Lover

Did you get the email Carly sent?

Hi so I *really* wanted to go to the Case program site because I am from Cleveland and I was planning to take an evening EMT-B course over the summer concurrently with SMDEP. I was actually accepted at that site but I forgot to accept to go there on time. I was offered a position at Columbia that fortunately I was able to accept. Now, without trying to sound ungrateful because I am, but I am wondering if it is possible to switch with someone who would appreciate going to Columbia more than I would that would enable me to go to Case.

I guess I'm the 6th member for Columbia...
Congrats to all!!

Hi so I *really* wanted to go to the Case program site because I am from Cleveland and I was planning to take an evening EMT-B course over the summer concurrently with SMDEP. I was actually accepted at that site but I forgot to accept to go there on time. I was offered a position at Columbia that fortunately I was able to accept. Now, without trying to sound ungrateful because I am, but I am wondering if it is possible to switch with someone who would appreciate going to Columbia more than I would that would enable me to go to Case.

i would gladly switch with you. but i doubt it's possible.

UCLA SMDEP: How did you guys get your Bruin ID already? By mail?

Hey guys, I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I had some questions about Smdep.

Can I apply this december? I wouldn't even have completed my first semester, and I'm not even sure I could provide a transcript.

And after my sophomore year, I can't apply any more, correct?

Thanks guys!

Yes, you can apply in December. By then you should have a transcript for your first semester, so that should be fine.

You can't apply after your sophomore year.

Yes, you can apply in December. By then you should have a transcript for your first semester, so that should be fine.

You can't apply after your sophomore year.

Also, since you are a freshman, you can use high school teachers for letters of rec., considering you may not know people by the time the application is due. I think that is really helpful, because you may have known some teachers for a while.

Apply as early as you can. First come first serve.

Duke SMDEP - did anyone already get contacted with travel information?

I GOT INTO COLUMBIA!!!

Nebraska
1. smdepalltheway
2. ncdent7191
3. Mzamostny
4. FHC
5. Babiebkb123

Columbia
1. PSU2013
2. stereolov3
3. juandi9120
4. pourlepeuple
5. mhernandez13
6. RFJ

Yale
1. Coltsbcs
2. FutMedStudent.
4. iRPhil
5. jessicalee92
6. Espadaleader

Duke
1. Epfrias
2. premedLA3
3. nadinex
4. ib4walrus
5. premed27

Washington
1.FutureMD003
2. straanth
3. naf831

UVA
1. tanay
2. baburf
3. Pink91

UCLA
1. echen
2. AValdez2010

Howard
1. RastaPasta
2. Elastigirl

CASE
1. janezfresh
2. Tg4u531

New Jersey
1. Quise18
2. rebgi

Houston
1. Tooth Lover

To UCLA SMDEP 2011: We're dorming in Rieber Terrace and not Rieber Hall, right?