You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SMDEP ( Summer medical and dental enrichment program).
Started by angeleyez
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I need help in deciding which SMDEP to attend. I got accepted to both Yale and Duke and i was wondering if anyone here as attended either and will be willing to tell me whether they like it or not. Thank you.
You got accepted to both Yale and Duke already!?
nevermind, im wrong
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I attended the Duke one back in the day...I really liked it. Be prepared though...there were many long days of classes, seminars, and mcats. They focused heavily on health disparities through the seminars. I had a great time despite all the work and still keep in contact with many of the people I met there. I've even seen a few of them in my interviews. Also, the work I did there has come up in every one of my interviews so I think attending it helped me out alot.
I need help in deciding which SMDEP to attend. I got accepted to both Yale and Duke and i was wondering if anyone here as attended either and will be willing to tell me whether they like it or not. Thank you.
Whats your GPA and are you a freshmen or a soph?
duke's was AWESOME.
...wow, thanks for the detailed description of your experience at smdep
I'm interested in doing SMDEP, but do you think it's better to do it the summer following freshman year or sophomore year?
FYI: if anyone has any questions about the program feel free to PM me. I'm an SMDEP ambassador.
I attended the Columbia SMDEP in Summer 06 after my freshman year. I absolutely loved the program. I know someone who attended the Duke program the same summer and she loved it as well. my program visited the yale smdep campus for a medical school fair and the participants claimed they liked it except for the fact that their dorms had no air. it really doesn't matter which site you attend, you'll receive the same experiences. it's just about where you'd like to spend your summer.
I attended the Columbia SMDEP in Summer 06 after my freshman year. I absolutely loved the program. I know someone who attended the Duke program the same summer and she loved it as well. my program visited the yale smdep campus for a medical school fair and the participants claimed they liked it except for the fact that their dorms had no air. it really doesn't matter which site you attend, you'll receive the same experiences. it's just about where you'd like to spend your summer.
Damn you got in early. I didn't know where I was going until like april. I heard the Yale smdep program is one of the best. I went to the chicago one and apparently they don't host it anymore.
...wow, thanks for the detailed description of your experience at smdep
sorry but xmas shopping comes first. all i have time to say right now is that you can't go wrong with duke. great people great faculty great experience. good luck!
FYI: if anyone has any questions about the program feel free to PM me. I'm an SMDEP ambassador.
I attended the Columbia SMDEP in Summer 06 after my freshman year. I absolutely loved the program. I know someone who attended the Duke program the same summer and she loved it as well. my program visited the yale smdep campus for a medical school fair and the participants claimed they liked it except for the fact that their dorms had no air. it really doesn't matter which site you attend, you'll receive the same experiences. it's just about where you'd like to spend your summer.
Can you please answer our questions here. So we are not PMing you the same questions.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K