SMP Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxycleop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings!
I have a question regarding the SMP programs. I am a Canadian student and came to know about the SMP programs a few days ago while searching for things to do for a year since I am graduating this year. I am taking the MCAT on May 16th and I am wondering if it will be too late by the time I get the scores in mid June.
What should I do in this situation? Should I send the application with a note that the MCAT scores will be forwarded as soon when I will get them?
Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings!
I have a question regarding the SMP programs. I am a Canadian student and came to know about the SMP programs a few days ago while searching for things to do for a year since I am graduating this year. I am taking the MCAT on May 16th and I am wondering if it will be too late by the time I get the scores in mid June.
What should I do in this situation? Should I send the application with a note that the MCAT scores will be forwarded as soon when I will get them?

While I would check with each program, I believe that as long as you get in the rest of your application in as soon as possible, the June MCAT will be accepted. I will actually be at Georgetown's SMP next year, and on their Yahoo group, there have been some inquiries about the April MCAT. They are accepting those scores even though they come in after the application deadline assuming the rest of the application is complete. I would assume that other programs are similar, but check with their offices.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am going to do that.

Foxy Cleopatra,

I think, actually, the May 16th MCAT may be too late for Gtown SMP. You might want to contact their office and ask them. One thing you can do, however, is take the general GRE and submit those scores. They will accept them.

Greetings!