SMP Social Life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klmnop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to hear about the extent of - or lack thereof - social lives as a consequence of enrolling in an SMP.

Based on observation and personal experience, is it safe to say that true success can only be achieved by eliminating one's social life altogether... or is there some hope/time to relax and let loose?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be 28 when I start my smp....

What social life?

You need to do whatever it takes to be successful - for some that will mean not going out, others can juggle it, and others go out all the time and be successful.

No true way of saying

Members don't see this ad :)
Go out when you can, it's good for you to not be socially isolated...BUT don't go out if it means you'll literally get even one more question on the upcoming exam wrong. The SMP is your ONE chance to do this right.

Translation: Go out a little bit AFTER exams, but buckle right back down w/i 2-3 days.

One easy way to overcome boredom is to hook up with the chicks in your program. Just be warned if it's a small program things can get a little weird but hey at least you get to use your pudendal nerves a lot.

ha, ischemic, is this from experience..

anyway, i know all people are different with different study habits, rate of learning, commitment, etc. i didnt necessarily mean going out partying though, but just normal social acitivities: exploring whatever neighborhood/city, seeing movies, hanging out with friends. is there time to do normal things or do a lot of people feel isolated with constantly studying due to the immense pressure of success.