Smp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laiba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any programs (like special masters program) in the US that guarantee admission in an allo school?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any programs (like special masters program) in the US that guarantee admission in an allo school?

There aren't that many that "guarantee" admissions to an allo school. The best ones you have are the ones at Cincinnati and Toledo and Georgetown that might guarantee you an interview if you perform at certain expectations. It'll drastically improve your chances of getting in at the host institution, but I think the ones that guarantee an admissions are mostly post-bac programs where you haven't taken any pre-requisite classes yet. If you want to find out which SMP have guaranteed acceptances, scroll down the forum thread and look in the "post-baccalaureate" section.

There aren't that many that "guarantee" admissions to an allo school. The best ones you have are the ones at Cincinnati and Toledo and Georgetown that might guarantee you an interview if you perform at certain expectations. It'll drastically improve your chances of getting in at the host institution, but I think the ones that guarantee an admissions are mostly post-bac programs where you haven't taken any pre-requisite classes yet. If you want to find out which SMP have guaranteed acceptances, scroll down the forum thread and look in the "post-baccalaureate" section.

I am not aware of any SMP that guarantees admission to their med school (including EVMS...in fact they specifically say they don't on their website). There might be some post-bacs that do, I don't know.

Also, Cincinnati does NOT guarantee an interview for any reason, but there are several SMPs that officially do promise one for the top performers in their program (Tufts MBS program and Loyola's MA in Medical Science program do for sure).