Snellen Chart: Lines

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Commando303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
O.K.: I don't feel like counting pixels or pulling out a ruler. Does anyone know, off the top of his or her head, what the three lines below the 20/20 represent on this Snellen chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Snellen_chart.svg?

There are no duplicate sizes, so it must be 20/15, then 20/10, then a smaller line; or, the bottom is a 20/10, and there is no 20/15 (maybe it's a 20/16 followed by a 20/12).

No guesses, please; just share if you know for sure.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Never mind: the bottom has to be 20/10. Delete the thread, please (that was quick — :cool:).

I have the actual chart in front of me. It's

20/15
20/13
20/10

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the actual chart in front of me. It's

20/15
20/13
20/10

Thanks, Optogal. I ending up going with, 20/16, 20/12.5, 20/10. I'll make the corrections, though (12.5 probably is rounded to 13, but I'm not sure how the hell accurate these measurements are, anyway, so I'll save myself the decimal point).

We use the bailey lovey near chart at our lines are 20/16, 20/12.5, and 20/10. Maybe snellen rounds differently.

We use the bailey lovey near chart at our lines are 20/16, 20/12.5, and 20/10. Maybe snellen rounds differently.

Frankly, I'm sick of this pig-**** "20-ft. notation" thing, altogether. Diopters are inverse meters, prism diopters are lateral displacement (in cm.) per meter, P.D.s are taken in millimeters, near acuities are (often) reocrded in M-notation (which is based on a .4-meter testing-distance)... I hereby vow to henceforth use 6/6-notation — :prof:!

Frankly, I'm sick of this pig-**** "20-ft. notation" thing, altogether. Diopters are inverse meters, prism diopters are lateral displacement (in cm.) per meter, P.D.s are taken in millimeters, near acuities are (often) reocrded in M-notation (which is based on a .4-meter testing-distance)... I hereby vow to henceforth use 6/6-notation — :prof:!

Hear, hear!:smuggrin: